Dating when you are an introvert?

I am an introvert.

I have been single and haven't gone on a date for years.

Partly because my last relationship was emotionally abusive and it took me some time to emotionally get better and the other part is because I am an introvert.

I prefer to stay at home and watch dvds or read a book and i find socializing to be a chore. Don't get me wrong. I can be extremely good at socializing and be witty but it's more of an act and a chore and i just can't wait to go home to chill out.

After years of not going on one single date. I would like to finally be in a relationship again but it's not that super important to me if i don't find a man because i am content on being alone.

I am noticing that men are not as interested in me when finding out i am an introvert.

Questions for the introverts.

• Are you finding it hard to find a partner/date to accept your introvertness?
  • If you are married or in a relationship, How do you deal with needing to be alone sometimes?

Questions for the Non-introverts.

• Do you find it a turn off when you find out someone is an introvert?

I always have a different personality when I go out to meet people. Usually they see me as an outgoing person but deep inside, all I wanna do is go home and watch some movies. I normally spend time by myself and I like it that way. To answer your question, I meet girls through friends or school. I recently took a girl out from school. You don't have to tell them you are an introvert.

I am an introvert.

I have been single and haven't gone on a date for years.

Partly because my last relationship was emotionally abusive and it took me some time to emotionally get better and the other part is because I am an introvert.

I prefer to stay at home and watch dvds or read a book and i find socializing to be a chore. Don't get me wrong. I can be extremely good at socializing and be witty but it's more of an act and a chore and i just can't wait to go home to chill out.

After years of not going on one single date. I would like to finally be in a relationship again but it's not that super important to me if i don't find a man because i am content on being alone.

I am noticing that men are not as interested in me when finding out i am an introvert.

Questions for the introverts.

• Are you finding it hard to find a partner/date to accept your introvertness?
  • If you are married or in a relationship, How do you deal with needing to be alone sometimes?

Questions for the Non-introverts.

• Do you find it a turn off when you find out someone is an introvert?

If your screen name is any indicator you are interested in men who are polar opposite of yourself. This is why they are put off by your introversion.

So you are a woman who likes a quiet life. Would it help you to know that is exactly what I look for in women? More so now than ever. When you chat to someone and all they want to do is demonstrate to you how exciting their life is (on their terms) I switch off instantly. Get real.

However. My experience back when I had girlfriends was that it's pretty fundamental to organise things to do together. Just because you're not party animals and prefer reflection and introspection doesn't mean you don't go out. It's very fulfilling to do things together. It fuels the mind. You can't come home and sit on the sofa together all the time. A proper relationship takes effort, this is one of those efforts. I was told back in the day I was creative and invested in planning activities, and my ladyfriends were never bored. For me that's a core aspect of what I believe it is to be good at relationships. If you are indicating to people that you never want to leave the house except to work, that's offputting.

I'm sure that the only impact your introversion is having is in not meeting the men in the first place, rather than putting them off. You're not dating, so how's it meant to emerge? "Hi I'm 007 and I don't like going anywhere!" That's not how you're introducing yourself.