I finally got my kiss! But something is holding us back...

jacg89

we have been friends for about a year, he knows my grandmother longer than hes known me... so he is also a family friend.

usually on our days off we hang out, and I really like him! 3 days ago we went down the shore.. we had a really great time. on the way back home, we stopped by his friends house, which his friend ended up drunk (as was my friend a little..i think) and when we were taking pictures, his friend totally kissed me unexpectedly and I am not that kind of girl.. I deleted the picture that my friend took & was a little embarrassed. then when we were leaving the guy snuck into my car while I was in it while my friend went in his house to use the bathroom and was begging me to kiss him.

After we left, my friend told me (he was speaking in Spanish so I didn't understand) that he told him that we were not together, but I was "free" and he is "free" and that he really likes me,... for about an hour of the drive home, he was telling me how much he LOVES me and that he really, really wants to be with me. it melted me. Then he said... I would die to ask you to be my girlfriend, but I can't.....

:(

because he is going back to his country and he doesn't want to hurt me, or for me to hurt him, because he wants to go back to his country for a little bit alone. he does plan to come back to the U.S... but in about a year, at least. He told me that He doesn't deserve me... ugh!

So while we were saying our goodnights I did get 2 little kisses on the lips which made me melt. we didn't make out or anything but I have been waiting for it... :)

Anyway, I guess what I am trying to say is that I think that he could be the one for me... Its just weird timing, and I don't want to sound like a creeper or anything, but I kind of wanted to hint to him that I would be willing to wait for him... How can I point that out to him?

Also... this was a few days ago... since then, we really haven't talked about it... I really hope that for some reason he would bring it up again.. just so I can be sure that it wasn't the alcoholism talking, but he wasn't even that drunk...

Thoughts??