LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

How's it possible my girlfriend grew?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By SincereOnlineGuy
  • 1 Post By StanMusial

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th August 2013, 1:50 PM   #1
Established Member

How's it possible my girlfriend grew?

She's 19 but yet it appears she grew about 2 inches. I just noticed this last night when we were out and she was the same height as me without heels.

I remember her looking about my height a few times when we went out at night but I assumed she wore higher heels, and because it was dark I never really bothered to check.

After discovering this I'm concerned since girls stop growing somewhere in their mid teens and she's supposed to be beyond that. Should I ask for ID now?
Shaun-Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 2:16 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peach tree View Post
or you shrank.
Very funny. But on a serious note, I don't know any girls her age still having a little bit of growing left. I didn't bring it up to her but I will in a minute.
Shaun-Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 2:23 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun-Dro View Post
Very funny. But on a serious note, I don't know any girls her age still having a little bit of growing left. I didn't bring it up to her but I will in a minute.
Probably normal. Just wait until she grows outwards.
nescafe1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2013, 3:36 PM   #4
Established Member

Did she used to slouch? People who stand up straight and have good posture tend to look taller.

I agree with the other posters, like the fact your girl just looks taller, or be like Tom Cruise, and get some lifts, who by the way just happens to like tall and beautiful women.

- Bobsacramento
xpaperxcutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 3:13 AM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun-Dro View Post
She's 19 but yet it appears she grew about 2 inches.

I think she is in violation of the relationship agreement, and that you should dump her.
SincereOnlineGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 3:25 AM   #6

What if you are shrinking?

Seriously, they grow and shrink with the lunar cycle, like plants. Have you been watering her too much?

OK really seriously, lots of folks keep growing into their early 20s, but wouldn't assume that, probably an optical illusion.
dasein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 10:48 AM   #7
Established Member

Most girls stop growing much sooner than that but it isn't that uncommon.

I don't know why height is such an issue for some people. I can understand if the woman is towering over you how that'd be weird but if she's in heels and about the same height as you, there's no big deal in that.

Not necessarily saying that you think it's a huge deal but I've seen this before a bunch of times. I'm 5'10, my ex was 5'4. When she wore heels she'd be about 5'6 or 5'7 and she used to make comments about how she feels like an ogre being "taller" than me when in heels, while at the same time I kind of felt insulted as well (basically saying I'm not tall enough for her). We'd stand in the mirror and I'd say "see, you're still several inches shorter than me, you don't look like a giant". Yet, she did this song and dance a bunch of times.
crederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2013, 1:58 PM   #8
Established Member

I didn't stop growing until I was 21 or 22.
Old 13th August 2013, 2:01 PM   #9
Established Member

Does she live near a leaking nuclear power plant?
Old 13th August 2013, 3:56 PM   #10
Established Member

*Most* (meaning the majority) women stop growing between 15-17, but that is dependent on when they entered puberty. (The hormones seal the growth plate.) I had my period at 10 and I was at my adult height by 13. If someone reached menarche later, they would keep growing longer. Some one who hit puberty at 16 might not be done growing in 20's. Plus, it's a range, anyways.

Yup, verified the ages and everything with my textbook.

Plus, I'm not sure there's not many other explanations before "she lied about her age"
runningfar is offline   Reply With Quote