Should i continue to date him? I'm not sure if i can handle being hurt again

Solalop

I am 19 now. I have been dating this guy since i was 15. We met at school. We spent everyday together for 9 months. He took my virginity. He was a year younger then me. His sophomore year he switched schools. He started getting distant, then he left and didn't talk to me for almost 4 months. He didn't answer my calls. Ignored me when i came to his house.

He really crushed me. I cried everyday after that. I was so depressed. I didn't understand why he didn't want me. I went out with one other guy. I tried to do stuff with him but it didn't work at all. I ended up just dumping him.

Then he started talking to me again. He said he was sorry. His excuses were stupid. But i missed him so bad i took him back. Things were great again for like another 9 months. Then he left me AGAIN. This time i was so crushed. I put everything into him. We were older. I started messing around with a ton of guys at my school. I didn't date any but we would fool around.

He came back to me a few times throughout that phase. We would have sex but i could tell he didn't really want to talk to me. He was distant. He had another girlfriend.

Then back in april he called me, poured his heart out to me, and said he wanted me back. We have been going strong since then. Hes so sweet. Hes still the only dude i have ever had sex with. But i keep thinking what if he leaves again? Idk what to do . Should i just enjoy him while i have him? How can i stop him from going?

CrystalCastles

It sounds like this guy is immature. He doesn't know what he wants. He's young, he is out there trying new things because he doesn't know what attracts him.

Please, move on. You will find other men.

• Like 1
But i keep thinking what if he leaves again?

He will.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

You've taken this guy back twice after he disappeared on you. You've also slept with him a number of times while he had a girlfriend. He is 100% untrustworthy. This is a fact. He will leave you again, and he may even cheat on your before he does (or already be).

You're only 19, you have got years and years ahead of you for dating. You will find someone nicer and more reliable than this guy. Don't hold onto him out of sentimentality.

• Like 1