Is this girl just leading me on (online dating site)

Mjm1014

So I've been talking to this girl for a little over a month now online and we send tons of messages back and forth everyday. About two weeks ago I asked for her number and also asked if we could skype but she "forgot" to give me her number in follow up message. I ask her constantly if we can at least talk on the phone and she says "we'll see"..kind of odd since she sends me long/constant messages all day but no time for the phone?

Anyways, a week ago we made plans to meet up and about four hours before our meet she sends me a message saying she had to work and she is "so sorry and hopes I still give her a chance"...since then I've been pushing to at least talk to her on the phone but she always puts it off, but she still messages me constantly out of the blue. Tonight, I asked her if we were ever going to hang out and she said "we will I promise" but hasn't offered any time yet. I'm getting frustrated because she acts so interested yet she doesn't put in any effort besides online. What's the deal? This seems to happen to me a lot online. She's very good looking so do you think she's just after attention? What should I do? I'm a busy guy and this is becoming a waste of time....

She's not available or she looks nothing like her photos.

If she won't speak on the phone, ask her to take a picture of herself somewhere specific or holding something specific (if she mentioned a book, for example, or said she went shopping and bought something to wear) or doing something like a yoga pose if she does yoga, so you will know it is really her.

Otherwise, I'd really cut back on the contact, i.e. for every three texts, respond with one quick one which is always an invitation, i.e. "Want to come with me to the zoo/watch a baseball game/go cycling etc.

If you get no results, then just ignore her.

• Author

Yeah that's what I've been doing but she still sends me tons of messages. I guess I'll back up-I agree something is off...

As others have said. She is most likely hiding something most probably that she is not the person she is claiming to be.