Boyfriend boundaries- is this normal to bring up to talk about?

Bleh111

• Author

Accidentally submitted and won't let me edit with more details...... But my boyfriend letting a girl flirt with him when he is in a relationship. I'm not uptight but am bothered by how he couldn't remove himself as well from the situation

miss_jaclynrae

Depends on the circumstances. Women at my guys work flirt with him all the time, its work, when I was working I flirted too.

I think flirting is fine as long as both parties are under the idea that NOTHING would ever happen. When one party is flirting expecting it to go somewhere... then I still wouldn't have a problem, course, my man and myself shoot down those people as soon as we recognize their interest.

Dread Pirate Roberts
Depends on the circumstances. Women at my guys work flirt with him all the time, its work, when I was working I flirted too.

I think flirting is fine as long as both parties are under the idea that NOTHING would ever happen. When one party is flirting expecting it to go somewhere... then I still wouldn't have a problem, course, my man and myself shoot down those people as soon as we recognize their interest.

Well, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to other people. Like if you buy a plant, you don't suddenly find other flowers ugly, or if you get a pet you don't think all other pets are ugly. It's just whether or not you're going to seek an emotional/romantic affair or relationship with someone else other than your lover that is the problem. Sometimes, a woman will flirt too much with a taken man and he will tell her to calm down, or stop. I have done this quite a few times before. I feel like Dick Van Dyke in the Dick Van Dyke show, with Mary Tyler Moore. "I-I-I...but I have a wife and I love her...x_x"

I'm only 28 and I still remember that. Yeesh xD

miss_jaclynrae
Well, there's nothing wrong with being attracted to other people. Like if you buy a plant, you don't suddenly find other flowers ugly, or if you get a pet you don't think all other pets are ugly. It's just whether or not you're going to seek an emotional/romantic affair or relationship with someone else other than your lover that is the problem. Sometimes, a woman will flirt too much with a taken man and he will tell her to calm down, or stop. I have done this quite a few times before. I feel like Dick Van Dyke in the Dick Van Dyke show, with Mary Tyler Moore. "I-I-I...but I have a wife and I love her...x_x"

I'm only 28 and I still remember that. Yeesh xD

That is pretty much what I meant. When one person has the intention of things going farther with the other.

He and I both have had to do the same thing, just casually bring up the other ;)

• Like 1
Dread Pirate Roberts
That is pretty much what I meant. When one person has the intention of things going farther with the other.

He and I both have had to do the same thing, just casually bring up the other ;)

I was basically saying what you said in my own words, to back you up and to affirm I feel the same way. :p