Awkward Situation

kittykatz27

kittykatz27

So I need some advice, over the weekend I was out with friends when we ran into someone who one of my friends has a past with (they tried hooking up but since they knew each other for years it was awkward and they decided to be friends) and there was a connection but we both kept it platonic. That was until she came up to both of us separately and said we should go for it. (her exact words were: You two should ****!) Well that kind of got the ball rolling and we realized we really like each other. She seemed cool with it but she kept calling me a whore and that this was her sloppy seconds (but in a way where it could be considered jokingly) because we proceeded to spend the weekend together. And she even went so far as to warn us to treat each other right. She has a bf but ever since we made it exclusive she hasn't talked to either of us at all. I don't know if she's mad or shocked or if I'm just being super sensitive and making a mountain out of a molehill. Any advice?

4givrnt4gtr

Oh no girl, this was no joke.

First of all....her encouraging you was her way to test you both...and appear like she didnt care. Clearly you two were obvious about being attracted to each other. She saw it, and so as to not appear like the loser in the situation she played the "go ahead I dont care" card, assuming you wouldn't since you are her friend.

But since you did....yeah, she is pissed. I would honestly talk to her. Ask her to be honest with you, and tell her that the only reason why you went ahead was because she gave her blessing, but...and this is important....that you understand it may be weird/hard for her given the history she had with the guy, and what can you do to make it less awkward.

However, be prepare to not have a friend for a while....

Just saying...(being there, done that).