Is it in the eyes?

AlliceInWL

"...somewhere deep inside your angel eyes i found a place to rest"

"Something in your eyes makes me wanna lose myself ... in your arms"

"Home is in your eyes"

"I see the light and the heat in your eyes. Oh, I want to be that complete"

...all song lyrics about a lover's eyes.

I fell in love for the first time while looking into the eyes of my high school boyfriend. I've had a few long term relationships, and even looked at rings with my bf last summer (I ended up ending the relationship before the proposal). But I've never been able to find that "thing" in the eyes of any of my bf's since... until a few months ago. It was with a guy who has sent a ton of mixed messages, which to me, means he's not that interested.

Anyway, has anyone had the experience of falling in love simply by finding it in the other person's eyes? Have you felt something in that moment while the other person hasn't?

Once but it didn't work out.

I fancied her. Got lost in a lot of what could have beens. Thought I could see our future in her eyes so I jumped in without a parachute.

Took me quite a while to get over that one.

My last gf had the most beautiful eyes of any woman I ever met and we would just gaze at each other sometimes. Funny, prior to her I really don't recall the color of my other gfs and exes eyes.

So there was something special about our eyes...not sure what that means though. Sometimes I would catch her just staring at me, and to this day I can see those eyes of hers.

miss_jaclynrae

I realized during a game of UNO. His eyes are pretty amazing, but it was the fun I had with him and how hard he made me laugh that it all of a sudden hit me.

Is it in his eyes?

No he'll make believe

If you wanna know

If he loves you so

It's his kiss!

That's where its!

Looking in someone's eyes is not love. Shared experience and reliability over extended time makes love, not looking at someone's eyes--- all you have their is your own hopes for a person, not love.

• Like 2

"the windows to our soul"

I love my g/f's eyes. Love the way we look at each other. Love catching her looking at me.

• Like 1
RogerWallace111

Of course it's great to look into someone's eyes and feel that magic or spark, but it can potentially be misleading. Pretty regularly I'll make eye contact with a girl and there will obviously be something happening. But if you haven't gotten to know them yet, distinguishing between lust, intrigue and a "real" connection is pretty much impossible, regardless of gut feelings.

That said, the eyes are VERY powerful communicators and I look forward to finding the next pair I look in and feel that magic.

zebracolors
Is it in his eyes?

No he'll make believe

If you wanna know

If he loves you so

It's his kiss!

That's where its!

Looking in someone's eyes is not love. Shared experience and reliability over extended time makes love, not looking at someone's eyes--- all you have their is your own hopes for a person, not love.

Agree that eyes alone might not be a definite indicator. Except I would wager that a kiss can also just indicate attraction, affection and trust, but doesn't always mean love. But I agree about shared experiences. Recently I fell for a friend with whom I had been spending alot of time. So of course I day dreamed about his eyes, and had come to love seeing when they showed genuine happiness. But it was our shared experiences, even though they were usually rather mundane, and our conversations, really getting to know what he was passionate about, that caused me to start feeling that way. Times with him have become some of the most treasured memories. Sadly though nothing ever came of it and I was never sure if he ever felt the same for me.

• Author
Is it in his eyes?

No he'll make believe

If you wanna know

If he loves you so

It's his kiss!

That's where its!

Haha, I thought of this song too.

The funny thing is that with this guy, his kisses were not that great.. he wasn't very thoughtful.. never treated me like his girlfriend, but it was like something in his eyes caught me and I was hooked. It was the weirdest thing.

Except I would wager that a kiss can also just indicate attraction, affection and trust, but doesn't always mean love.

Haha; That's a song.