Should I be worried?

idkmorgann

I've been in a relationship for 7 months now, but recently I go back and forth so much on if I'd like to stay in the relationship. The first few months of dating were GREAT. We went on dates, kissed, cuddled, flirted/texted throughout the day. But, the last two months have been.. distant. My boyfriend's phone recently broke so now he has a flip phone, and he says he hates texting on it. Sure, he still calls me but I like knowing he cares enough to send flirty messages, which he doesn't anymore. We hang out all the time, but we never go on dates WITHOUT ONE OF HIS FRIENDS. (Or without him inviting his friends.) And when we are with his friends, he tries to be funny and basically ignore me. (He talks but he doesn't hold my hand or shows affection more than 3 times a night.) I feel like he never takes initiative anymore to say I love you first. We fight sometimes, and that makes me feel so sad and stupid and I want to break up.. but at the same time I don't want him to not be in my life. I just don't like how distant he's been getting lately. Please help?/:

He has checked out of your relationship, sorry. If you have the occasional "feeling" that you want to break up, then do it.

I would talk to him and tell him what you said. That you need to keep the romance in your relationship through flirty messages and one-on-one dates - real dates without his friends. It's okay if it tones down a little after months of dating, but there still needs to be some effort. If he doesn't want to do this or blows off your requests, then I'd say break it off.

Texting on an old school phone is annoying as heck (you try it!). Maybe one of your friends has an old blackberry or android phone and you can unlock it and give it to him. You can get new pay as you go phones for less than $50 that are easier to text with.

But, I don't think this is your issue... sounds like deeper relationship issues.