Avoiding people you know on online dating

colombiana28

colombiana28

Forgive me, I haven't been on OLD in 3 years so I'm not sure if this would be an easy fix. I've thought about getting back on an online dating site like OkCupid. However there are a handful of people who I really, really don't want to run into, a couple guys I've dumped, a couple guys from high school, one ex coworker who seems overly interested in me considering he's 100% not my type (religious, 12 years older than me, eager to settle down, etc). I know for a fact that these people are on OKC. I like to keep my romantic life to myself, and don't share anything about my dating life on social networking. In the past, people I know have found me and suggested going out, but I have not pursued them for all the years I've known them for a reason - I'm not attracted. I have a hard time being blunt with men, especially guys I've known for years. Anyone else run into this problem, and is there a way to search for and block particular people before you're on there?

Cutiepie1976
I have a hard time being blunt with men, especially guys I've known for years.

Learn to be honest with men. It will really simplify things.

• Like 1
It's Just Me

Take it as it comes, then be honest, as Cutiepie says. If they persist, block them. End of story.

They may also completely ignore you. :) Don't get wound up for nothing.

• Author
colombiana28
Learn to be honest with men. It will really simplify things.

Ugh, you're so right... my avoidance issues cause me more inner turmoil than anything. :(

You can't prevent them from seeing you.

If you're really concerned about privacy, OLD just isn't for you, particularly OKC given that so many of your opinions are out there exposed. I'd recommend something more private, like eHarmony, where you can't search for members and can quickly close them out if you don't like them.