LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Why a guy won't admit that he likes you/is into you?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2013, 5:01 AM   #1
Established Member

Why a guy won't admit that he likes you/is into you?

I've asked about this guy before, but he continues to confuse me. Basically, I met him in college in August, he asked for my number in February, and we started dating in early May. We've been on 3 dates so far.

Just yesterday, I was invited over to his house. He was a complete gentleman, we had dinner, cuddled, and watched movies. He seems to be a somewhat negative person, and has a LONG list of dislikes. I joked that he hated me yesterday, and he said "I never hated you!."

Today, I joked thru text that I was a horrible person for not exercising today and he responded on a text "I agree, you're a horrible person." When I responded saying "I knew u hated me all along!!," his response was "herp derp."

I know I'm probably being too sensitive, BUT I feel like his response was a tad childish, and that at this point he should be able to admit that he at least enjoys my company. He has yet to say something like "I enjoy spending time with you, I like you, I like xyz about you" or something along those lines, even though I've said such things.

I plan to stop saying those things for now. Does he just not like me or something?
starrynightz45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 7:39 AM   #2
Established Member

Not big on sarcasm, eh?
nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 8:20 AM   #3
Established Member

If a guy texts me "herp derp" I know I have found my perfect match.

What more do you want?
lamaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 8:23 AM   #4
Established Member

All jokes aside: Stop overanalyzing and STOP playing games.
If you guys are college aged and not in high school anymore it shouldn't be too hard to admit to feelings, and if you think he isn't the kind of guy who'd admit to his feelings in verbal expression with help of the words that you want to hear then why don't you just make the first step? He obviously is into you.
But you might have a different kind of humor than he has... could be an issue.

Good luck.
lamaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 8:28 AM   #5
Established Member

I think he may be a tad immature emotionally. Sounds like he has a great sense of humor but doesn't have a clear line regarding when to joke and when to be serious.

Not sure that you and he would be a good match based on personalities clashing.

Last edited by mammasita; 2nd June 2013 at 9:04 AM.. Reason: Grammar
mammasita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 9:13 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrynightz45 View Post
I've asked about this guy before, but he continues to confuse me. Basically, I met him in college in August, he asked for my number in February, and we started dating in early May. We've been on 3 dates so far.

Just yesterday, I was invited over to his house. He was a complete gentleman, we had dinner, cuddled, and watched movies. He seems to be a somewhat negative person, and has a LONG list of dislikes. I joked that he hated me yesterday, and he said "I never hated you!."

Today, I joked thru text that I was a horrible person for not exercising today and he responded on a text "I agree, you're a horrible person." When I responded saying "I knew u hated me all along!!," his response was "herp derp."

I know I'm probably being too sensitive, BUT I feel like his response was a tad childish, and that at this point he should be able to admit that he at least enjoys my company. He has yet to say something like "I enjoy spending time with you, I like you, I like xyz about you" or something along those lines, even though I've said such things.

I plan to stop saying those things for now. Does he just not like me or something?
You sound insecure.
what are you confused about?
That he came over for a movie & didn't try to stick his dic inside you like all the other guys you've dated?

How about you stop fishing for compliments?
It's annoying from a guys stand point.
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 9:21 AM   #7
Established Member

He tells you how he feels it's over because he gave you validation. If you tell him first how you feel then he may tell you.
lamo and Adele0908 like this.
joystickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 9:48 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joystickd View Post
He tells you how he feels it's over because he gave you validation. If you tell him first how you feel then he may tell you.
Pretty much this is my experiance. it's almost a guarantee if the woman is insecure. *poofaronie* LOL!
It becomes a turn-off for most woman unless they are in a relationship with the guy.
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Established Member

It takes most guys a long time to express their feelings. A lot of women expect their men to act like women. It's not gonna happen. Unless you get one of those sensitive "nice" guys
Adele0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 1:02 PM   #10
Established Member

Some people convey their feelings through actions, not words.

What do his actions say?
TheGuard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 2:35 PM   #11
Established Member

I agree that actions speak louder than words. If he wants to spend time with you he likes you. Talk is cheap.
Old 2nd June 2013, 5:06 PM   #12
Established Member

1. Yea, I'm definitely a bit insecure, I'll admit that. This is why it's bothering me!!

2. Actually, the fact that he invited me over without trying anything made me like him A LOT more, it didn't bother me in the least. He's a gentleman

3. Really? Is that actually what happens? I feel like if he admitted he had feelings for me, I'd be SO MUCH more into him! I don't understand the logic of this one, and it's a little hard to believe.
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:47 PM   #13
Established Member

Is this really men's experience? That women back off once you SAY you're actually interested in them? That sounds so ridiculous.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:27 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Is this really men's experience? That women back off once you SAY you're actually interested in them? That sounds so ridiculous.
As much as I hate to admit it...Its happened to me before.
Old 3rd June 2013, 12:38 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Oh yeah, when some women dont have to wonder, they make a run for it.
Eddie Edirol is offline   Reply With Quote