Rate my chances with this girl I met

targaryen

Hi all, I've been out of the dating pool for over 5 years so I'm pretty rusty. Lately I've been making tentative moves with girls and have improved considerably...using a mix of low key pick up classics and simply being genuinely interested in her seems to be working. Anyway, I met this girl yesterday and I really want to ask her out and not get rejected. I want you guys to rate my success potential based on our interaction so far and maybe provide some advice on what I should do next?

It's really simple actually, I was at the library (where else) and asked her help with logging into the network (she works there). She didn't manage so she gave me access with her own details. When she put in her login name - which is the first initial+first three letters of the surname- I told her her name was interesting and guessed it based on that. I was wrong, but she said no it's '"Pamela," and who are you sir? I told her to try guessing like I did, but she said 'I suck at this sort of thing' and I kinda shrugged and said 'then I'll just be a mystery'. We continued talking about what we were studying until she had to leave (end of shift). Throughout the interaction she was smiling a lot.

Today, I messaged her on Facebook telling her I forgot to tell her she is cute, she said thanks and quickly added me on Facebook and we exchanged some banter about a pretty girl we both know. Obviously by going the Facebook route I ruined the mystery of my name but it never came up as a topic, weirdly. She asked me how I know a mutual friend we have on Facebook ( a pretty girl) and I teased her by why, do you have a crush on her? It turns out the common acquaintance is her distant relative. Then we spoke about how she gets along with her family (mostly how her dad drives her insane)..I told her I couldn't imagine her getting angry, and she said "well you don't really know me well" and then she had to log off, saying "we'll talk later." That's where I am now.

I met her less than 24 hours ago but I really want to make it clear quickly that I'm interested in her, and ask her out, because I read that waiting kills the potential and increases the risk of me blowing it all up by saying something that kills the chemistry (as I often do when speaking to a girl I like but who I haven't asked out yet). Then again some others argue that you can use this time to build up an intriguing persona.

So: what do you think? What are my chances and what should be my next move? :D

Chief Wiggum

What are your chances? Slim and none. And slim just left town.

Just messing. I always wanted to say that. Sorry. Anyway, I'd say you've done pretty well getting her attention up until this point. Way too early to figure out what your chances are without actually being in your shoes to know what the vibe was like between the two of you. But seeing as though she added you after you told her she was cute, I'm guessing your chances are good. Wait a day or two and visit her at the library again to continue where you left off. Then ask her on a date.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
What are your chances? Slim and none. And slim just left town.

Just messing. I always wanted to say that. Sorry. Anyway, I'd say you've done pretty well getting her attention up until this point. Way too early to figure out what your chances are without actually being in your shoes to know what the vibe was like between the two of you. But seeing as though she added you after you told her she was cute, I'm guessing your chances are good. Wait a day or two and visit her at the library again to continue where you left off. Then ask her on a date.

Hey, sorry for the late reply and thanks for the solid advice! Unfortunately I don't think it's the right time; I did what you said and saw her once again at the library but she's busy with exams at the moment and told me she couldn't meet me in five weeks and also didn't give me her phone number...I've lost interest to be honest, especially now that I met this other girl, Clara (not her real name), last week at a fun event!

I'd like to post about Clara so I can get help with her...I'm not sure what to do next so it would help. Also, I'll be using this thread to track my attractions, failures and successes from now on. Maybe a pattern will emerge.

PS: Interesting that I've moved on from the coping forum :)