My friend (future girlfriend maybe) ignores me online!

Hello everyone. I have a quick question for which I was hoping to get some ideas. Here it goes:

I am good friends with a girl (I'm a guy) and we enjoy each other's company whenever we hang out. We're both pretty busy so we only hang out every few weeks. Nothing has happened between us romantically but I definately see our getting together as a possibility. We have a chemistry between us (physically and personalty-wise) that's somewhat obvious.

Since we're busy, the main way we keep in touch is through instant messaging. When we first started chatting online, she'd spend more time IMing me and would actually start IM sessions, asking how things are going, etc. Nowadays though, it seems like she never starts IMing me and I'm the one that always starts it. Sometimes, I'll IM her when she's away and she won't even get back to me the whole night.

My question then is, why does she seem to not want to IM me anymore? Whenever we do hang out, she seems to enjoy my company a lot (lots of shared jokes and laughter) and the chemistry still seems to be there. It's just that when I IM her, she seems to not be too interested in me anymore. Can you think of any reason why she's into me in real life but not online? Isn't it usually backwards where people can get along online but not as well in real life?

shellgranado

hate to say it guy shes playing you even though you think you guys are great for each other she may not to me it sounds like shes bored of you she puts on a front for you in person because she doesnt want to hurt your feelings she may have been intrested at first but shes not anymore i do it to guys all the time on my yahoo mess they were fun at first but now they bore me if you think im wrong then talk to her but dont be to upset when she tells you her true feelings good luck

Originally posted by shellgranado

hate to say it guy shes playing you even though you think you guys are great for each other she may not to me it sounds like shes bored of you she puts on a front for you in person because she doesnt want to hurt your feelings she may have been intrested at first but shes not anymore i do it to guys all the time on my yahoo mess they were fun at first but now they bore me if you think im wrong then talk to her but dont be to upset when she tells you her true feelings good luck

Thanks for your response. I hadn't thought about that possibility and considered it carefully but am pretty sure that's not it. For one, she makes the effort for us to hang out. If she found me boring, wouldn't she just stop suggesting stuff for us to do? I find it hard to believe that she'd go through the trouble when it'd be a lot easier for her to just give me the old "that sounds great but I'm kinda busy, maybe next time" routine. Instead, she's often the one that has ideas of what we should do the next time we get together. And when we make plans, she never breaks them.

Also, when we do hang out, the chemistry (as friends or otherwise) is definately there. I'm pretty good at reading people and can tell if they are being fake or are genuine.

Pyrannaste

Are you sure she knows anything about computers?

many people I know who live on their own or have their own computer, and when they are doing something else, leave the room or even the house they do not turn off the pc and do not bother to log off MSN messenger, ICQ or other programmes that allow to communicate.

Could this be the case?

Are you sure she likes to communicate via internet? some people hate it.

Originally posted by Pyrannaste

Are you sure she knows anything about computers?

many people I know who live on their own or have their own computer, and when they are doing something else, leave the room or even the house they do not turn off the pc and do not bother to log off MSN messenger, ICQ or other programmes that allow to communicate.

Could this be the case?

Are you sure she likes to communicate via internet? some people hate it.

Yeah, she's computer savvy and likes communicating online (at least she used to). She said all she used to do at night was stay up and chat with her friends a long time ago. She did metion though that recently, she doesn't chat with her friends online as much as she used to (I forgot the reason she gave.) Maybe she got sick of chatting online--that could be a possibility.

It could be coincidence but I avoided logging on to AIM all day and I logged on somewhat late at night tonight. Within a minute of logging on, my friend (the same one) logged off making that shutting door sound effect! Haha. I've concluded she loves me in real life but hates me online. I don't blame her cause online, she doesn't have the benefit of admiring my manliness. . .

I guess it's better to have it this way than she likes me online but hates me in real life. That'd really suck.

Maybe I'll just completely stop using AIM and rely on phone. That might be better; avoid the frustration.