My friend kissed the guy she tried to set me up with

I need advice on my situation.

My friend invited me to a house party. I found out during the party that she had invited me to set me up with a friend of hers. He is a very nice guy and she said that he liked me. So the rest of the evening the guy and I talked a lot.

The next day I found out that my friend had hooked up with him. I'm not angry with the friend, but now he has asked me out since.

On the one hand I don't mind since we had only been talking and flirting, but on the other hand if he liked me that much how come he kissed my friend. Should I judge this guy on this?

I would appreciate opinions.

Guys generally don't have it so easy that they can afford to only focus on one person at a time like many girls do.

He might like you more than your friend, but that doesn't mean he can't like her too. And if she is more forward or more interested, he's not going to turn her down. He'll take the opportunity to kiss her, because he's got no real guarantee that you are interested, whilst he knows your friend is.

• Like 1
  • Author

Instinctively I just want to say f-it, it's not worth it. But had it not been for the incident I would have liked to get to know the guy. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure whether it is unfair to think that what he did was a deal breaker.