Would you date someone who is planning on moving far away in the future

pbjbear

If a guy is from another country and is planning on moving back there in 2 or 3 years, would you date him?

This isnt happening to me, just curious of other peoples opinions.

The person Im talking about is my age (25) and wants a relationship that will lead to marriage. She doesnt want to move to another country and thus thinks dating this guy is a waste of time.

To add, this planning is pretty definite, not just talk.

Ninjainpajamas

Your first mistake is actually believing anything a man says in that regard.

The only way I'd even consider believing that is if he's religious or it's part of his culture/beliefs to do so which is strongly influenced by his family. Otherwise I wouldn't believe that crap at all, I've seen any and all guys commit a variation of this lie.

Also, if he's going back to his country...probably wants someone from that similar background too don't you think?

I think it's a big waste of time, a girl will just think she can go with it and just have fun....that's the biggest trick women play on themselves though, once they get emotional the "hope" starts to kick in and maybe baby unicorns will fly out from the sky and whisk them away on a rainbow colored blanket to forever happily married land....aka delusion.

However from a guys point of view, it's great great buffer and excuse to get out from underneath anything with a woman he dates. It's already firmly set into motion so all he has to do is say that he has to leave and he doesn't think it's going to work out...and bam, slate cleaned, all acts/words/obligations to that relationship erased and girl stuck with stupid look on her face out of actual shock and surprise as he goes home completely free to marry someone that actually is someone that he'd actually marry. But don't worry baby, it was "special".

I think this is stupid and I've seen a lot of guys do variations of this....even if it wasn't to another country, it's just an ideal setup with some red tape of saying this or that like you mean it (how many guys that? I mean cmon really now) and then being fully in his right regardless to pull away from that commitment by telling someone they aren't marriage material or whatever.

It's comical what women will believe...It's even more comical women would actually listen to anything a man says on it's own, so I hope you have some other reason that you'd actually believe this guy.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt in this case and say you have some justifiable reason for believing this guy...like let's say this girl is really hot and he's just average (but hot to you because he's foreign) and he would love to pop out a few babies from a girl from abroad.

Nah, still don't trust the guy.

todreaminblue
If a guy is from another country and is planning on moving back there in 2 or 3 years, would you date him?

This isnt happening to me, just curious of other peoples opinions.

The person Im talking about is my age (25) and wants a relationship that will lead to marriage. She doesnt want to move to another country and thus thinks dating this guy is a waste of time.

To add, this planning is pretty definite, not just talk.

what are the plans that are definite and for what reason is this guy able to be trusted to be legitimate.....deb

If you want a fling, or medium-term FBW situation, then fine. If you have the desire to get married and have kids, then this is a huge waste of time. Time you'll never get back.

I would agree. Healthier to invest that time in building a relationship with someone who better fits her needs and desires.