Weird / interesting OLD meeting later today

CryForNoOne

CryForNoOne

I had someone from OKC randomly message me "Hey!" on Friday night. She was far more attractive than anyone who ever initiated contact we me so I assumed scam, but figured why not reply. I stated exactly what type of woman I like in my profile and we seem like a perfect match. But this dream scenario seems exceptionally unlikely to me, so I'm super skeptical.

We messaged a bit then I told her I was out and it was rude to ignore my friends so I needed to go. The next morning she sends me one message saying she's shutting down her OKC account (which she did) and asked me to friend her on FB. I did and sure enough her FB account matches her profile. Over 500 friends, hundreds of photos, and constant FB updates with numerous likes and comments. Unless I'm missing something, can't be a fake account no? So we move our convo to FB messaging on Saturday with a bit of flirting. I was celebrating St. Patty's and was out all weekend - also not sure what direction to take the convo so I kept messaging at a minimum. I'm on FB but not super active like some people seem to go to extreme lengths to do. But this weekend I had a gig and went to two parties so I was tagged in a bunch of "cool / exciting" photos - figured that helped my cause with her. While I'm contemplating on Monday what next to say to resume convo, she asks me out and gives me her digits. Again, I'm thinking "WAY too easy, way too direct". Convo goes to text messaging next. She's tells me the area she is in today and I suggest a lunch place. She says great. Then texts me a bit later that her car will be in the shop and can I pick her up or go to a place that is that is walking distance. What attractive woman asks to get picked up by a complete stranger??? All kinds of red flags and alarms are going off in my head, but what is the angle or scam here? I'm not seeing the proof or motive, just all the circumstantial evidence... I guess I'll find out in about 3 hours but if anyone has any thoughts I'd like to be prepared.

Edited by CryForNoOne

I've pretty much done everything she did except the pick me up part. I wouldn't do that but it's not quite as odd since she probably saw your FB profile and asked you out - I admit to really digging if I like a guy. What's the worst that could happen if you meet at a public place. Just don't break out a credit card or wallet to help her get her car fixed!!!

oooh I'm excited to hear the update. Hope everything goes well and there is no scam of any sort....

I do think she's for real.

• Author
CryForNoOne

Profile pic seemed totally like head shot so on a hunch I Googled her, and sure enough she's an actress and listed on IMDB. She's for real. That's seemingly all I meet these days- odds are like 50% in LA anyway. Coolest thing about her - she's the co-founder of the Erotic Mathematician's Institute. Have to find out what the hell that is about!!!

• Author
CryForNoOne

Turned out to be a great date! So many rules were broken and some things went horribly wrong but it didn't seem to matter as we had great chemistry. I was a few minutes late, and she was already seated so she texted me asking what I wanted to drink. But when I arrived there was nobody even closely resembling her in the restaurant. The only people sitting alone were an old lady and a dude. I was like WTF have I been catfished as a practical joke??? Turns out she went to the wrong restaurant! I found her pretty quickly and we laughed it off as a blonde moment. She skateboarded from the auto shop to the date - gotta say that's a first on a date! Also at one point I choked badly on my drink and practically sprayed all over the table. It wasn't nerves - just coughed at the wrong time as food was damn spicy! I kept my composure and she got up to pat my back. It turned into something positive as we touched hands suggestively for the first time. We talked about all sorts of taboos for a first date - she brought past relationships, and what kind of guys she likes, etc... Thankfully I was EXACTLY what she liked so it's obvious why she contacted me. We noted every time we "broke a rule" until became a running joke. We started high-fiving each other each time we said something the other totally agreed with. Lots of high fives as well as a bit more affectionate touching of hands in general. We walked for a while after lunch and actually skateboarded a bit! I did all the gentlemanly things like pay for the meal, open doors for her, and carry her jacket, bag etc... She's a southern girl and acknowledged later it was a really big deal and noticed all the little things I did. Over a 3 hour lunch date and we're going to see each other soon, so it seems very promising.

miss_jaclynrae
Profile pic seemed totally like head shot so on a hunch I Googled her, and sure enough she's an actress and listed on IMDB. She's for real. That's seemingly all I meet these days- odds are like 50% in LA anyway. Coolest thing about her - she's the co-founder of the Erotic Mathematician's Institute. Have to find out what the hell that is about!!!

Is this serious? Yet... she arrived to the date on a skateboard?

• Author
CryForNoOne

I like quirky women who defy expectations and that's exactly what she is. She describes herself as Bohemian. I texted her "Looking forward to meeting. You sound like my kind of crazy". She was.

• Author
CryForNoOne
Is this serious? Yet... she arrived to the date on a skateboard?

Also it was a casual lunch date. That would have been maybe too much for a dinner date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
CryForNoOne

Well this one has gotten even stranger. We texted quite a bit for a few days after our first date. She repeatedly expressed excitement about our upcoming date. But the night before she texted me that something came up at work and she needed to postpone. We continued to text frequently, but it was impossible to pin her down for the next date, so I began to lose interest and texting became sporadic. My primary interest has shifted to someone else (the woman from another thread, formerly of unknown body type) I am having dinner with tonight. I had written this girl off, then suddenly out of the blue, she sends me a barrage of texts yesterday afternoon. She asks me if I want to co-produce a weekly dance party with her??? She describes how we could both profit and have a good time. My initial reaction is that this is going to end with her hitting me up for money - I make a lot more than she does. I agree to at least talk to her about it though it seems REALLY odd. I mean I barely know her and she wants to partner on a side business venture with her??? So anyway she calls me last night, and never hinted about needing money. She suggests that my band play there every week and we cross promote and split proceeds. She also asks me for suggestions for a suitable venue since I'm out alot. We talk about it for about 30 minutes then the conversation moves in the general direction of getting to know each other better. We talk about music, travel, etc... We actually don't have all that much in common yet we never seem to have trouble chatting up a storm. I'm definitely intrigued that we are very dissimilar yet oddly attracted. We talk for nearly 2 hours, then she says "Do you mind if I put you on speakerphone while I brush my teeth?" - "OK". Then a couple minutes later, midstory, the call abruptly drops. I call back - voice mail. She texts me "Just tried to call you and got vmail. I think the universe is trying to help me go to bed... LOL" I call one more time - voice mail. She texts "Sorry I couldn't pickup - had a soapy retainer in my hands. I'm still giggling at where your story ended. Gnight!"

I guess I call her again tomorrow (date tonight) and resume conversation but is it just me or is this totally weird...