Hadn't seen him since December and now he calls.

I met this guy in the summer, but nothing ever really got off the ground. Our paths crossed again, but I said I could only do friends right now. Anyhow, I had passes to a show and asked if he'd like to join me, so he did. We had a decent enough time, and it would have been fun to hang out again with him, but he never called. NP, I said to myself, I guess he wasn't interested, not even in being a friend.

So, I received a message from him today saying that we could perhaps do something some time.

Would this feel like a charity date to you? I just don't get it.

Edited by ja123
Cutiepie1976

Don't bother! I'm sure you're an incredible person, but he doesn't see that. Right now, he's bored with nothing better going on, so he contacted you. Unfortunately, the minute something else bites, he'll disappear again.

mortensorchid

I hope you don't return that call. Whatever his reasons he's bored or wants back with you because something didn't happen for him. DOn't be a doormat and return it. If he calls again and you happen to answer it, tell him "no thank you" and hang up.

• Author

Thanks! I was so-so on him anyway in the sense that I didn't see anything really developing with him, and certainly nothing long-term. I thought maybe we could be friends as we have some common interests. But contacting me after 3 months seems a little odd. It doesn't feel good to be put on the back-burner, even as a friend.

• Author

Thanks! I wasn't here when he called I just got his message. But, yeah, I'm not going to return his call.

ImperfectionisBeauty

More than likely something fell through and now he is looking for a rebound, it happened to me all the time (and I did it a lot too) just ignore.