Kicking myself!

A girl from work was texting me the other night as she was out with some of the other girlies, and she was being a bit flirty. We had a cheeky kiss at Xmas but it all just fizzled out. She's a bit of a jekyll and hyde - timid in the office but after a few drinks she's the opposite. Anyway, I was in bed about 2am the other night and she texted me to say she was very drunk and was at home alone. She wasn't pushy or vulgar, but was hinting at me to come round. I was half asleep and didn't fancy the half hour drive so I just texted her for a while until none came back indicating she'd fallen asleep.

The next day she texted to apologise for being flirty. At work we haven't spoken about it since. Looking back at it I really wish I had just got in my car and gone round. She was in the mood, home alone and offering it to me on a plate! I do fancy her, but part of me didn't want to be a regret, and her either ignoring me or apologising etc. To make matters worse I haven't had any intimacy for a year!

I'm quite tempted to text her to see if she wants to meet up at some point, but reckon it's pointless as I'd have to wait until she was drunk. Have I been a complete idiot here?!

• Author

I think a bit of both really. I think she just saw it as the right situation at the right time as she was drunk, we had been texting earlier in the evening (it was her who encouraged the flirting messages) and I'm the only single bloke in my team! I kind of want to take it as a compliment, but not sure if I can in that situation! My friend said I should be kicking myself (hence the thread title!) but part of me think I probably couldn't date her if I'd gone round there that night. I'm clearly different to other men!!

• Author

Perhaps she feels rejected or I'm just not showing any interest...or perhaps I should just grow up and stop analysing it!!