Hated because I'm fine with Entry level low job?

quietGuy13

According to all the women in this site AND in dating sites I am useless/worthless just because i dont mind being in a entry level low job all my life.

I dont understand that thinking.

But it just goes to show that Women don't really like men. They just wanna be with men who are of one kind. Men who talk a specific way, Men who live the in some specific way.

like "A Professional making so and so money, who has time and money to do luxurious traveling and all this activities and stuff. Who can stimulate me intellectually"

COme on! What do men ask of women? Nothing much!

Most men just want a woman who is decently slim and pretty(which most are) and they don't care about what kind of job they do.

For example i used to get 300$ a week in my temp job. So what?

that's enough for me to live. ANd then the woman does her work. and gets her own money in her job so why would she care about how much money i make if i'm fine with it?

• Like 1
Drseussgrrl
According to all the women in this site AND in dating sites I am useless/worthless just because i dont mind being in a entry level low job all my life.

But it just goes to show that Women don't really like men. They just wanna be with men who are of one kind. Men who talk a specific way, Men who live the in some specific way.

like "A Professional making so and so money, who has time and money to do luxurious traveling and all this activities and stuff. Who can stimulate me intellectually"

Most men just want a woman who is decently slim and pretty(which most are) and they don't care about what kind of job they do.

that's enough for me to live. ANd then the woman does her work. and gets her own money in her job so why would she care about how much money i make if i'm fine with it?

Well - let me ask you. Why don't you want more out of life? You can't raise a family on $300/week.

I dig an educated dude with drive and ambition. Not apologizing for it, either.

• Like 8
Ninjainpajamas

Because many women (especially online dating) are looking for the "total package".

Someone who is tall, good-looking, intelligent, makes a decent living, has aspirations and "potential" to provide security and a comfortable/decent lifestyle, especially if they desire kids. Respectable, charming, honest...man with pride-integrity...basically the "perfect man".

Why would they describe a guy who is like this;

Short, ugly, stupid, dead end job, lazy and/or lacks motivation, dependent, no aspirations/goals/ideas. Dirt-bag, incompetent, doesn't know how to treat a woman, disrespectful, gross, direct with no class, dishonest, no conscience.

Men don't ask for much......to get laid!

But for a relationship, most men have pretty moderate expectations if they've got any desirability or standard to themselves.

Yet, understandably there are men out there that are just looking for that middle-of-the-road decent woman....well look at the above lists, you probably lack more than a few qualities in what many women in general are looking for.

Women see the "potential" in a man or a man that is already there...so older guys that got their lives together and have a steady job/income, semi-successful or stable...would be a huge attractive quality to many.

Or men who have that potential or well on their way...especially younger or has been through some ups and downs can be reasonable or tolerable for some time being.

However for a guy who's barely making ends meet and essentially just take care of himself? c'mon now...really? that's not going to be the most attractive quality to women, especially if you're going for women who have put time and investment into their careers and being successful...they're typically going to be looking for someone who can provide the same...UNLESS you have something else to offer, so do you?

Probably not, so if you're just the average guy that lacks of a lot of other qualities PLUS you don't make any money or settling for very little in your life...you tell me why that is going to be appealing? you tell me why that is something women are going to be LOOKING for?.

Otherwise takes those lists of "demands" as you may see them, merely as guidelines to someone they are looking for, it is an "ideal" partner...not everything they absolutely need to have or demand...most will not get the perfect man, but they're going to try.

There are plenty of women that aren't as demanding or have very high expectations on the superficial front as other women...so just find them, however online dating is a meat market and a place where many people are wishful thinking. You shouldn't take it so personal, it's easy just to see people as faces and as a statistic, they don't know you or have any emotions invested, that's the nature of online dating, it can be very cut-throat and cold.

Edited by Ninjainpajamas
  • Like 2
xpaperxcutx

It's fine getting an entry level job right out of college but if you are stuck in the same job with no room for advancement, it can make anyone question what it is you want out of life; not just women.

$300/wk may seem like enough to you but when you want to start a family or have a future with someone, $300 is not enough. Not to mention money inflates over time, and with the prices of gas, food and other things, you can't expect to live on $1200 a month. That only covers rent.

• Like 1
because i dont mind being in a entry level low job all my life.

Then don't complain about the quality of women you might be able to attract (or not) because you will be relegated to those who are happy living on welfare and living in a broken-down trailer park.

How old are you, anyway?

Seriously, QG - not all women need or want the career guy. In my late 20s, I got involved and lived for over a decade with a guy who was like you: Happy to have his entry-level job.

But as we approached our forties, I was the one working three jobs to support him because the cost of living made our level of mere existence impossible. He was happy being a night stock clerk at Target, but he also wanted to buy CDs and books. There was no way we could have raised a family on his minimum wage job.

It is almost ten years later and I know for a fact that - at almost 50 years old - he is still only working the most meaningless jobs to just get by and can't get a woman at all. What 50 year old woman wants a guy who only makes minimum wage? It is one thing in your 20s but another when you hit middle age.

Do you want that for yourself?

• Like 1
For example i used to get 300$ a week in my temp job. So what?that's enough for me to live. ANd then the woman does her work. and gets her own money in her job so why would she care about how much money i make if i'm fine with it?

It's easy to live on $300 a week when you live with your parents.

Most women just want a man who is capable of supporting himself and any potential future children. If you believe you are capable of having your own place and supporting yourself (and any future children) on $300 a week, then you should have no problem. But, I think that's unlikely.

Because you've only got one life to live, and I want to live it! I want to experience everything I possibly can. I'm an avid scuba diver, and I want my life partner to get involved in that so we can travel the world and dive everywhere. I want a sailboat because I'm obsessed and, again, want to travel in it. I don't need some rich CEO or doctor. I just want our combined income to be enough to travel and have lots of awesome hobbies. That doesn't mean he needs to make much money. I'll probably end up making 40-50k and as long as he makes somewhere around that, we should be fine.

Plus I want a man who has passions. Who enjoys his job. Who accomplishes his goals. You're never going to end up with a quality woman working a temp or minimum wage job. Not unless she's loaded and doesn't care what you make.

• Like 1
Quiet Storm

It's because ambition and passion are sexy.

Most women like a man with a plan.

• Like 5

Quiet Guy, let me ask you:

Does anything drive your passion in life? I'm sure you know well that women don't hate men.

It's natural to want to progress. Part of that reason is that our time in this world is short. We never know when we'll leave, so it's best to make the most of it while we're here.

It's also adventurous and fun to think of the possibilities that exist when you are progressing through this world. Women love that.

So I ask..is there anything that drives you?

• Like 1

I grew up on meager finances. I dont wanna live my whole life that way. Its tough and makes it hard to do things I like. Nevermind the fact that its hard to raise a family with how youre talking.

Ambition is attractive in both men and women. I get super turned off when I hear a woman being ok with a go nowhere low level job all her life. Im not that kinda guy, so neither should she be that kinda girl.

Im fine with a girl not wanting to be a cut-throat career woman, but shes gotta be able to take care of herself. 300 bucks a week wont do that. How does that cover rent, utilities, phone bill, food, transportation, etc? Unless you plan to live with someone who can constantly help you out all your life, that wage wont be worth much.

And a girl in a very low level job, who has no plans to move up, is only showing me shes a possible mooch. No thanks.

fortyninethousand322

You need to work 2-3 jobs. Seriously, if you want to get somewhere with women work somewhere between 50-70 hours a week. You make more money and you become unavailable, which is sexy to a lot of women. Entry level job or no, a lot of women find hard working or workaholic men very attractive. So take as many jobs as you can and volunteer for hours whenever they become available. Seriously, do it.

Um.

Not the men I know.

Maybe you need to seek out better social circles??

JourneyLady
What 50 year old woman wants a guy who only makes minimum wage? It is one thing in your 20s but another when you hit middle age. Do you want that for yourself?

Now that depends. I want a simple, non-complicated life with a companion in it. By the time you're in your fifties, so many people that are not in a relationship have so much wrong that it is difficult to find someone with everything on the so-called "list".

In this economy, a lot of people who are capable of more are working min. wage because those are the only jobs out there where they live! The guy I'm interested in now is at least >working< and I admire the way he puts up with the minimum wage yucky job. Because he is so clearly capable of more when the opportunity arises!

I think people forget to lower their standards when the economy tanks.

He's communicative and articulate and *emotionally available* and that's what drew me to him. If he wasn't working and it wasn't temporary, I might think twice.

• Like 1
JourneyLady
Entry level job or no, a lot of women find hard working or workaholic men very attractive.

Maybe initially, but once you've been married to one for a while and find yourself neglected, it becomes very icky. I'll never do that again! If you're with a workaholic, you may as well resign yourself to being alone and doing things alone most of the time...

The economy has been on a small upswing for the past couple of years. When are we going to stop hearing that as an excuse?

• Like 2

I don't think you're "hated" you're just not a desirable partner to a woman who is looking to start her life, and bring children into the world.

If you feel you can live on $300 per check, that's fantastic. But in the real world, with bills, mortgages, student loans, children, and everything that goes along with that, $300 wouldn't buy you a pot to piss in and you'd be on welfare in 5 seconds.

You seem to lack motivation, initiative, and you have no drive to actually be successful in life. Which is fine. That's who you are. Some people enjoy climbing up the ladder and living a comfortable life, and others like yourself are coasters.

I honestly wouldn't date a coaster because what's going to happen when things get financially hard? AS THEY WILL. I need a partner who's going to have that drive.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

I think work should be a case of work to live, not live to work....if you are happy,a woman shouldn't care about how much money you do or dont make, if she loves you it shouldnt be abour your wallet at the end of the day, but the man she loves who carries the wallet that walks through the door......cheers....deb

What if OP won the lottery but was still a "coaster". Would he be attractive then?

He'd definitely find himself attracting a certain kind of woman. (The gold digger). And then what's going to happen when he piddles away the money from the lottery and again has nothing, because again all he does is coast around, doesn't work, doesn't save.

Someone said it above. Women love a man with a plan. I can't stand when a guy just floats around with no direction. It winds up making me feel like a mother. I want a MAN as a partner, not a child.

• Like 5
Drseussgrrl
What if OP won the lottery but was still a "coaster". Would he be attractive then?

No.

He'd probably not have a plan with that either, and blow it all in a few years. In fact most do.

• Like 5

Whose fault would that be if men are idiots? If a guy can't see the difference between a female lawyer who makes $300,000 a year and a woman who lives in her parents' house and dreams of getting married so she never has to work, then men get what we deserve. A woman who's a bum is "hot" for as long as it takes to bang her, whereas a woman who can help give you a good life is permanently "hot" and a keeper.

• Like 2

Ew, no. Winning the lottery doesn't make a stupid man smart.

fortyninethousand322
Ew, no. Winning the lottery doesn't make a stupid man smart.

I mean I guess depending on how much he won he could buy a small warehouse somewhere and stay there for 8 hours a day and pretend he has a real job. That's what I'd do if I won the lottery. No one needs to know that you don't really have a job, least of all the person you're married to or dating...

• Like 1
Drseussgrrl
I mean I guess depending on how much he won he could buy a small warehouse somewhere and stay there for 8 hours a day and pretend he has a real job. That's what I'd do if I won the lottery. No one needs to know that you don't really have a job, least of all the person you're married to or dating...

Dafuq? :confused:

• Like 4