"Frat boy" "Jock" "Sports dude" "Players" "Dark Triad" "Cool"

its a lifestyle

its a lifestyle

I came across a term a few days ago - "Frat boy", an American term, I had an idea of what a frat boy was, but decided to do a little search on urban dictionary...

This is what I found...

frat boy 4117 up, 2090 down

1.) homosexual

2.) The same neanderthalistic douchebags that used to play high school football and talk about how ****ty you were in high school who now joined a homoerotic club so they can rape each other's ass in private.

3.) A collection of date-rapists that like to drink ****ty beer and "stick it in" passed out drunk girls.

4.) Scum of the earth.

5.) A collection of the people with the smallest penises on a college campus.

First of all, this made me :laugh:... I couldn't help thinking what the guy who wrote that must have looked like... probably a shabby gamer nerd, wearing cheap and un-stylish clothes, doesn't own a single bottle of cologne... shaggy hair, socially awkward... DOESN'T GET ANY PUSSY.

This got me thinking, considering the odds are almost guaranteed that the guy who wrote it matches that description... or at least somebody in the something in the same league as that description...

The genuine hate for "frat boys" "players" and guys alike... obviously suggests that the guy who wrote it would never want to be like a "frat boy", regardless of his definition of "frat boys" being untrue, it's an extreme exaggeration and and insulting hate because of jealousy and envy, due to "frat boys" usually being popular, good looking, fit, good at sports, nice cars, F'ing hot girls, partying etc etc...

The nerd community, usually outcast by "frat boys" back in their high school days like to take their revenge by accusing these "frat boys" of being secretly homosexual... it's strange considering these are the guys getting all the pussy...

Yet he, being the no-muscle having, shabby gamer nerd who'll probably never make a girl cum in his life... wants to sit and complain about why girls are not attracted to guys like him and why he never gets pussy... but so-called "frat boys" do...?

I guess being a so-called "scum of the earth douchebag" beats being the guy who wrote that definition...:laugh:

Edited by its a lifestyle

It's simply one extreme versus the other. It makes me laugh.

When I was growing up, I was different from everyone. From the nerds, the goths, the cool kids, the jocks etc. I hung out with all of them. I was the all-rounder. I didn't have a set group - my best friend at school never turned up :laugh:. My other best friend was a guy with alopecia - we became very good friends because I was the only one in school to stick up for him when he lost his hair, so that's how I became friends with most of the nerds in that particular group. We were pretty much like the inbetweeners, which is why I love that show so much :laugh:. That was pretty much us!

I digress......

I did hate being different, but I never hated the dudes for being jocks or cool or whatever. I did wonder what I had to do to be liked by girls, but I always encouraged the guys who did well rather than envy them. I considered envy to be a petty emotion, and while I experience it on rare occasions (as most humans do), I still consider it to be petty and acknowledge it as such. Anyway......it came to me when I was 21 (your age I presume) what it was all about. It was about the synthesis. Because I'm nerd-like in a lot of ways - I love knowledge, my own company, and I like to dress down because it's comfortable (my skin). But I'm also jock-like - I've become very masculine as I got older, more interested in physical activity, I understood the jocks and the allure of popularity and how powerful it is without ever really being obsessed with it.

As a result, my conclusion is that within all those cliques, you have to be happy with your choice. For me, the nerds could benefit from learning from the jocks and vice versa.

Like you say, it all boils down to pussy :D. The jocks get the welcome side-effect of action-orientated lifestyles by getting the women the nerds want.

• Like 1

Two things young girls like about frat boys:

1) They're loose, wild, and fun. They're not all uptight or "proper". When you're young and in college, the party boys will always look more fun than the quiet library introverts.

2) They make moves. We can go off about date rape and such, but look how many women do willingly have casual hookup sex with frat boys. Much of that comes from being fun, being in the moment, and then making a move. Maybe when she's 100% sober and guarded she'll say the guy isn't her type...but with a few drinks, wild night, hormones going, she'll decide "why not?" when he's trying to peel her clothes off.

Only time I see women complain about frat boys are when they won't do more than getting drunk, or especially when they're in their 30s and yet still want to party at college bars and avoid commitment.

• Like 1

As a guy who's never had a girlfriend and never had any play with a girl in my whole life, I've had quite a few jock friends who love to party. I tend to party with them a lot too since 1 of my 2 flatmates is your typical big alpha male that gets a lot of attention from girls and love to party. To me, he's one of the chillest and coolest guys I know and same with his friends who belong in that same category. They are all chill and the ones on urbandictionary are just butthurt and jealous.

Two things young girls like about frat boys:

1) They're loose, wild, and fun. They're not all uptight or "proper". When you're young and in college, the party boys will always look more fun than the quiet library introverts.

2) They make moves. We can go off about date rape and such, but look how many women do willingly have casual hookup sex with frat boys. Much of that comes from being fun, being in the moment, and then making a move. Maybe when she's 100% sober and guarded she'll say the guy isn't her type...but with a few drinks, wild night, hormones going, she'll decide "why not?" when he's trying to peel her clothes off.

Only time I see women complain about frat boys are when they won't do more than getting drunk, or especially when they're in their 30s and yet still want to party at college bars and avoid commitment.

This was the advantage that I didn't realize I had - being different. I did nerd things, but I also did things like go to parties, play football with the guys, even became a rapper :laugh:. People who pigeonhole themselves to a certain type of existence should understand that it has certain drawbacks. Mixing it up occasionally isn't bad - and also figure out if there is more to you.

When it comes to girls, mixing it up has the potential to widen your pool and increase your intrigue.

• Like 2

6) like to shower together and slap each other's asses.

I get it, and used to hate bros and envy them. I was a late bloomer and only started dating after college. The weirdest most mind boggling thing is that I got older and started to "bro" it up a bit more and act more macho my dating life got better and the girls got younger and prettier and more fun. I'm sure the older women would see right through it and find me pathetic but younger college age girls are more easily impressed in my experience.

I wish I had known this earlier. :cool:

6) like to shower together and slap each other's asses.

I get it, and used to hate bros and envy them. I was a late bloomer and only started dating after college. The weirdest most mind boggling thing is that I got older and started to "bro" it up a bit more and act more macho my dating life got better and the girls got younger and prettier and more fun. I'm sure the older women would see right through it and find me pathetic but younger college age girls are more easily impressed in my experience.

I wish I had known this earlier. :cool:

Yeah thats why I find older men who put their moves on me to be annoying. Im not that older either (25) but I can still see through it.

Macho men get certain types of girls. More higher quality women like men who arent just macho

• Author
its a lifestyle
This was the advantage that I didn't realize I had - being different. I did nerd things, but I also did things like go to parties, play football with the guys, even became a rapper :laugh:. People who pigeonhole themselves to a certain type of existence should understand that it has certain drawbacks. Mixing it up occasionally isn't bad - and also figure out if there is more to you.

When it comes to girls, mixing it up has the potential to widen your pool and increase your intrigue.

I kind of have a similar story to be honest, I was far from legit growing up to 21, being 16, 17,18,19 I was involved in some pretty "not-legit" stuff and have some deep friends who I don't associate as much with anymore... but I did grow up like that and am from that kind of background.

I'm legit now with a kushy job and comfortable life, I always seen myself as brighter than what I was involved in... like I would come home from banging the girl I was seeing at the time or giving somebody a pasting for owing us money... and watch a documentary on pulsar neutron stars or play a nerdy online game with guys playing from their university dorms who would be mortified if I told them I was going AFK to chop up an ounce of snow into grams..

Needless to say I'm not involved in that world anymore, but then then again thinking about it, watching science documentaries and playing online games was something I did and still do behind closed doors, you wouldn't associate me with that kind of stuff if you only knew "of me" and didn't actually know me close... so I don't know if what I'm saying is even valid...

But inside, I guess there's a nerd, a jock, a bad guy, a nice guy and a moron in us all, it's the person you are on the outside and the person you are in the eyes of others which determine your social/dating life.

• Like 1
ImperfectionisBeauty

I used to lovelovelove frat guys, all the drinking and parties and they were hot and it was a boost to my confidence if they thought I was pretty or "****able". I hooked up with a former frat guy last year and it was so not like I expected I wanted to date and be in a relationship and he wanted to call me whenever his dick was hard.. it happens I guess.

If you sum up all frat guys into one person you''d see the following traits, base don what i remember from college.

1. he is going to school on mom & dads dime

2. he thinks school is one big party

3. he has no class

4. he thinks he is the shi*

5. thinks he can take anyone on (as long as he has a dozen of his brothers to back him up)

They are kind of like hyenas, powerful and slightly awe inspiring, as a pack. But as individuals they are kind of cowardly looser.

I knew some really cool frat guys, but it seems like for every one of those it seemed like there was 100 losers, who felt they needed to be in a frat to be "cool".

• Like 4
todreaminblue

when you try to conform to any set group or identify them and class them into groups yourself....i feel you lose identity and lost the true personalities of thsoe you box up and basing success on pussy pulling attributes....i think there's a higher more rewarding goal to aim for.....be yourself...appreciate everyone for being themselves not what they do....as thawholigan said, when you box people you yourself lose the chance to learn something by judging others as being stupid or find them lacking....is stupid.....there are benefits of being an all rounder or chameleon as i call it....you dont have to belong to that group , but that isnt to say that you couldnt learn something...deb

ScreamingTrees

Probably because a lot of those frat boys are *******s? I'm much like Wholigan, I don't fit exclusively in any particular stereotypical group..

I don't give a **** who you are or what you have, I'm not the jealous type, never have been, probably never will be..

If you act like a douchebag and say snotty things and cop an attitude, I don't care if you're 6'4 and 200 lbs, you'll literally make me want to hurt you, and even if I was a tooth pick in comparison, I would find a way. I don't believe I'm a unique case, I think this is a common thing with human beings, especially males. Personally, I've never had a problem with bullies. My experience is that I generally do not like people who are "frat boy"-ish..

When I use that term, I mean the kids that are constantly drinking or smoking a blunt are usually dumb asses with no respect for anyone. Kids that I want to pummel to a bloody pulp, even if they've done nothing specifically to me.. So instead of hanging around them waiting for them to GIVE me a reason to bust their teeth and bite their ear off, I avoid them altogether. It's a good plan, I'm sure it will save me a trip to jail in the future.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator