How to decorate apartment/dorm for a date.

aal763

So I'm having this girl over to my place for dinner and a movie. Ill be cooking dinner. My apartment is an efficiency apartment. The lights in the apartment are just so damn bright and totally ruin any atmosphere. How should I decorate my place for a date and make the lighting more intimate? I cant use candles since my appartment is part of university housing.

You're thinking too hard homie.

I assume you cleaned up a bit and you're cooking her dinner. Sounds like a nice date.

...and if you reaalllly worried about the lighting I assume you don't have any light covers on hand. Anything works really, even a sheet/blanket pinned up over your light fixtures which would be semi fire safe lol. If you're crafty you can crate some nice light covers out of thicker materials. Think a lamp shade.

Clean, tidy, don't use overhead lights and throw something semi transparent and red over the lamp if it's still too bright. We chicks love mood lighting, makes us saucy:love:

• Like 1

Not sure if you have a few bucks to spare, but you might want to hit Ikea (or perhaps Walmart/Target) and buy a floor lamp that comes with a dimmer. That way you can set the mood and also provide decent decoration. Let us know how everything turns out!

• Like 1