LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

He takes hours and hours to text me back...should i ditch him?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2013, 7:16 PM   #1

He takes hours and hours to text me back...should i ditch him?

Basically came out of a relationship two month ago. Met a guy I'd dates in the past and we are texting and he's asked to meet up this week.
However, major issue is that he takes hours on end to reply. He was like this before when we dated.

I have even jokingly mentioned this to him when I last saw him. Then I went yesterday and thought I'd text him back tomorrow so I don't drunk text and he text me saying "giving me a taste of my own medicine?" I replied saying no and carried on conversation and then today he took twelve hours to reply... we are meant to be meeting tomorrow . Is there any point? He can't be that interested, what would you do?
Old 19th February 2013, 7:23 PM   #2
Established Member

Are you ready to date again? If he was like this before why are you bothering with him? Sounds like you're the can't be alone type.
SJC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 7:28 PM   #3

Because he's a nice guy and yes I'm ready. I kinda put it down to been bad at texting as I see so many of his friends moaning about it on his wall. But if he did like me surely he'd make an effort? To ditch or not to ditch?
almosteverythingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 7:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by almosteverythingx View Post
Because he's a nice guy and yes I'm ready. I kinda put it down to been bad at texting as I see so many of his friends moaning about it on his wall. But if he did like me surely he'd make an effort? To ditch or not to ditch?
Babe accept him as he is or not at all. If his friends give him S*** about it, i'd be grateful he texts at all, especially if he actually replies to every text.

Last edited by Archgirl; 19th February 2013 at 7:41 PM..
Archgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 8:59 PM   #5
Established Member

I'd leave a girl if she was a bad texter so yes, I endorse this idea.

Texting is communication, however you want to look at it.

If the topic was "guy takes 12 hours to call me back" girls would be up in arms telling you to leave him.

Why is texting different?
MrCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 9:05 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCastle View Post

Why is texting different?
Because not everyone sits there looking at their phone waiting for a text message. My girlfriend Is peeved it took me three hours to respond yesterday. I'm not going to dump her because we have different ideas on communication.
sid3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2013, 9:10 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3 View Post
Because not everyone sits there looking at their phone waiting for a text message. My girlfriend Is peeved it took me three hours to respond yesterday. I'm not going to dump her because we have different ideas on communication.
It's going to come to a head at some point. Believe that.

Either you're gonna have to change your outlook on texting, or she is.

Communication is vital to a healthy relationship.

People constantly talk about "I don't sit by my phone waiting for a text." -- neither do the people sending the text. They're just annoyed when it takes an unreasonable amount of time for something so simple and fast to send.

Texting is popular for those very reasons. It's easy, quick, and non invasive.
Old 19th February 2013, 9:16 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
It's going to come to a head at some point. Believe that.

Either you're gonna have to change your outlook on texting, or she is.

Communication is vital to a healthy relationship.

People constantly talk about "I don't sit by my phone waiting for a text." -- neither do the people sending the text. They're just annoyed when it takes an unreasonable amount of time for something so simple and fast to send.

Really? Your assumptive in thinking I had nothing more pressing during those three hours. You sound a lot like my girl.
Old 19th February 2013, 9:30 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Really? Your assumptive in thinking I had nothing more pressing during those three hours. You sound a lot like my girl.
Point out in my post where I mentioned you taking 3 hours. I am simply making the point that if you and her are on separate wavelengths when it comes to communication, it will lead to a compromise or a problem.
Old 19th February 2013, 9:36 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Point out in my post where I mentioned you taking 3 hours. I am simply making the point that if you and her are on separate wavelengths when it comes to communication, it will lead to a compromise or a problem.
Wasn't the premise of your post in response to the amount of time that had past(three hours)

anyhow, yes it will lead to compromise, as I don't see it as a problem. Let's not forget, bitchez be crazy...
Old 19th February 2013, 9:42 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Wasn't the premise of your post in response to the amount of time that had past(three hours)

anyhow, yes it will lead to compromise, as I don't see it as a problem. Let's not forget, bitchez be crazy...
No the part I addressed was the "waiting by the phone thing".

There seems to be a disconnect between people who are pro text and those that are anti text.

Anti texters look at pro texters as people who sit at home and look at their screen counting every minute that passes between the time they send a text and the time they get a reply back.

I do agree that some bitches be crazy.
Old 19th February 2013, 9:42 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Non-invasive if you expect someone to constantly be staring at their phone? Seems to me that a call is less time consuming and you will get an immediate answer. You can be doing other things and hear the phone ring. If you don't want to chat just say, "Sorry, I can't talk right now. Can I call you later?" People are too insecure.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:02 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick View Post
Non-invasive if you expect someone to constantly be staring at their phone? Seems to me that a call is less time consuming and you will get an immediate answer. You can be doing other things and hear the phone ring. If you don't want to chat just say, "Sorry, I can't talk right now. Can I call you later?" People are too insecure.
Invasive = I have to stop what I'm doing to answer a phone call. And what if it's a question I'm not sure how to answer at that time. Like I'm put on the spot or something?

Texting gives you the advantage to thinking out what you want to say, gives you time to respond at your leisure (within reason of course) and allows you to respond from a less emotionally charged state if you are having, or about to have, a heated exchange.

I don't recall ever having to say "Hold on everybody! I got a text, I'm gonna take this in the next room, pause the movie while I go answer this. I don't want to miss anything."

Texting is less invasive.

And that's why the majority of people nowadays prefer it.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:07 PM   #14
Established Member

I agree with MrCastle
MrCastle likes this.
Old 19th February 2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Established Member

Ill play devils advicit.

I enjoy my alone time. Durring which I produce music id rather not worry about some insecure girl stressing because i dont respond for few hours. If it is really important pick up the phone and call me.
Bito is offline   Reply With Quote