I feel like my morals are holding me back in sex and dating.

SJC2008

I don't mind if a few dates overlap but after the 3rd date or so I'd rather stick to one woman. In todays day and age it seems like most people multi-date but the thing about dating multiple people is that you're supposed to be honest about it and at leas say something like "Until we have a talk of being exclusive it should be assumed that we are free to see other people". As long as your intentions are clear you're not doing anything wrong.

The last woman I dated was honest about it and at first I was like I'm ok with it but I draw the line with multi-dating with sex. Anyway, we had sex on the 5th date but I wasn't going to try to "pin" her down becuase it just happened and it was too soon to ask for exclusive. TBS she didn't want an R anyway so instead of being a "man" and seeing a neon sign that said "free non commital sex" I told her I didn't want to keep dating her and then get hurt. Sometimes I don't feel like a man if you will because while I do want to have sex I'd rather have sex in an R and I'd never lead a woman on to get into her pants which is evident by my history. I think it's time to get with the times and just date and have fun. I won't lead anyone on, trust me but I'm tired of my morals giving me blue balls.

Alot of men like you become douchebags over time, because most men act the exact opposite of you. I know very few men who dont feel entitled to dating multiple girls and getting sex whenever they want. We live in an age of instant gratification and hedonism with little focus on honesty and accountability

I want to say never change, youll find a woman like me that will make your wait worth it (we agree on alot of things posted) but I understand getting burned and screwed over wears on a person

• Like 1
  • Author

I'm secure in my manhood in that everything I do is "manly", hell I'm a mechanic! But I do honestly think, as embarrassing as it is to admit, that mabye sometimes I think like a woman?? I mean what man wouldn't of read the situation that I was in and POUNCED on some free NSA sex? Why can't I read between the lines like that? I know my inexperienced played into it but I think most men would of caught on.

I'm secure in my manhood in that everything I do is "manly", hell I'm a mechanic! But I do honestly think, as embarrassing as it is to admit, that mabye sometimes I think like a woman?? I mean what man wouldn't of read the situation that I was in and POUNCED on some free NSA sex? Why can't I read between the lines like that? I know my inexperienced played into it but I think most men would of caught on.

I like the fact that you dont see women as disposable sex objects

The world honestly needs more men who have some emotional depth and morals. Most dont

I feel the men around me are more animalistic than human honestly

You have to be true to yourself and your own values. If you feel uncomfortable with multi-dating, don't do it.

And there is nothing wrong with talking to a woman after 3-4 good dates, and asking how she's feeling about things. There's nothing wrong with explaining that you don't like multi-dating, and you know it is too early to be boyfriend/girlfriend but you can only focus on one person at a time and ask what she thinks.

It's all in how it is said. It can come across as desperate and clingy, or it can come across as smart and in tune with yourself.

There is no need to make yourself conform to what you think society thinks you should do.

The last woman I dated was honest about it and at first I was like I'm ok with it but I draw the line with multi-dating with sex. Anyway, we had sex on the 5th date but I wasn't going to try to "pin" her down becuase it just happened and it was too soon to ask for exclusive. TBS she didn't want an R anyway so instead of being a "man" and seeing a neon sign that said "free non commital sex" I told her I didn't want to keep dating her and then get hurt.

Presuming this dynamic presents itself again, would you do/say anything differently, and why?

• Author
Presuming this dynamic presents itself again, would you do/say anything differently, and why?

Not sure but I'm leaning toward no. The sex wasn't worth me getting hurt in the situation. TBS I would of gotten hurt even if it ended without us having sex becuase I liked her, for all the wrong reasons of course.

Edited by SJC2008
edit
But I do honestly think, as embarrassing as it is to admit, that mabye sometimes I think like a woman?? I mean what man wouldn't of read the situation that I was in and POUNCED on some free NSA sex?

The answer is simple, a guy that wants more than sex, won't just take it because it's offered to him.

I had a ONS & the chance to "make out" dropped in my lap so far this year. I turned both women down, because I want something with more meaning.

• Like 1