on the fence

SiaLv82

I am casual seeing a guy that I met off OL since beginning of January. Problem is that while on paper he is perfect/great, the chemistry/spark for romance is almost nonexistent. He treats me better than most but yet I have no drive to make it official. This may sound harsh but I have a tendency to high standards and it is hard for me to find someone that I do not write off right off the bat. This one, I have yet to feel that, I just can not get the chemistry going. Would you continue to date someone who you were not totally sexually attracted to but liked all else? He has been fairly persistent on trying to make this official since the beginning and I know it is really not fair to him to continue but I also don't want to give up the possibility if things were to develop down the road.

On another note, he is 29 and still lives at home. I have lived on my own since 20 (no roommates). He has a graduate degree and a load of debt because of it. He told me when we first met that he was living at home since he could not afford an apartment plus student loans. I found out on our last date that he has lived at home for over two years since grad school. I think that would be more than enough time to buckle down and get things in order with no bills. After a night out he invited me back to his place (parents'). It was pretty much the biggest turn off ever. I found out last night that he is getting an apartment with a friend and will be moving next month. I don't know how else to say this than that I would rather not see him until he has moved and is finally showing that he is getting his financial house and career in order. Also, I am also not to keen on the whole roommate thing. I guess because I have never had one and I would really like to see if he can handle life on his own.

The good side of him is that he is probably the most respectful man that I have ever met. He is very family oriented and has strong values/morals. Our conversations are always interesting and he always goes out of his way for me. Bottom line is that I love the way he treats me.

Part of me wants to keep him around the other part thinks I should just cut ties. I have never been so on the fence and can't figure out what my issue is...what are your takes?