Men and get the final say in commitment. Women get the final say in sex. Thoughts?

Starlett

I have been thinking a lot about dating and relationships lately and the best way to play the dating game. Then came across this quote.

Men get the final say regarding commitment and women get the final say regarding when sex happens.

It does seem this way to me. But it sux at the same time because guys do use sex against girls at times. Especially when the girl sleeps with a guy too soon. I mean the guy is just as at fault as the girl is yet the girl is not seen as girlfriend material because she slept with him too soon! Even though the guy was the one pursuing her and coming on too strong in the first place! Yet the girl is the one at fault when she gets with him if she does. If he does not want to commit.

Waiting it out though seems to give you a better chance of getting a guy to commit to you but why? Why can a guy seem to decide whether he wants a commitment regardless of how many girls he has slept with but it is not the same for a girl. Double standards? It sure does feel unfair to me.

Which brings me back to that saying.

Edited by Starlett

If a guy doesn't want to commit to you, chances are he is not as into you as you are into him. If a guy really likes you, he will dive in head first without even paying attention.

• Like 3

It comes down to who wants it more ("it" being sex, or commitment).

Men desire sex early, but it can take some time for them to desire a relationship with a particular woman. Women seem to desire a relationship from the get-go!

• Like 1
ScreamingTrees

I guess it'd tie in with the general consensus here that guys would be more likely to "use" a woman sexually, while a woman would be more likely to "use" a man emotionally.

ScreamingTrees
What does this even mean? :confused:

I suppose that it'd entail stringing someone along, using them as a springboard to bounce their problems off of, using their attraction against them while not being attracted to them in return? I can only imagine what someone else's idea of "emotional tampon" would be.

I figure this is more likely to be a male problem rather than a female problem? I don't think I've ever been close enough with many females to have ever experienced this, so I don't know.

Hm for me what I see these days is many guys using women emotionally... getting just the ego boost they need without looking for real commitment, while pretending they are open for a relationship.

ScreamingTrees
Hm for me what I see these days is many guys using women emotionally... getting just the ego boost they need without looking for real commitment, while pretending they are open for a relationship.

Ha, that explains things, all of the girls in my area must already be pre-occupied with more attractive "emotionally unavailables".. :o