What is keeping him from asking me out?

i'mfaraway

I was transferred from a store to another, at least temporarily. There's this guy in the new store I get along with. We click and seem to have a lot of chemistry.

The thing is he doesn't talk much about matters other than work. Even though we have a blast even just discussing about work (we graduated from the same discipline back in school).

Sometimes I feel that he likes me that way even if sometimes I feel that he doesn't. It's difficult to tell. I know the simple answer is if he doesn't ask you out, he doesn't like you that way. But I can't tell for sure.

I'm not the warmest person around so that could be a reason my friends cited for him not knowing if I would reciprocate and therefore not ask me out.

But is there enough to go by that he might like me a little? Or he doesn't and therefore doesn't ask me out? That I'm mistaking the chemistry as like?

Novel suggestion incoming (not really). What is stopping you from asking him out? I have so many female friends who fret over this very question.

Most of the time the guys they want to be asked out by have no ****ing idea that they were interested.

I know the most likely answer is you don't want to be rejected, well yes that is a possibility but is it better than sitting around waiting for something that may never happen, be proactive ask him out yourself. It's very common for girls to ask guys out these days... :cool:

• Author
Novel suggestion incoming (not really). What is stopping you from asking him out? I have so many female friends who fret over this very question.

Most of the time the guys they want to be asked out by have no ****ing idea that they were interested.

I know the most likely answer is you don't want to be rejected, well yes that is a possibility but is it better than sitting around waiting for something that may never happen, be proactive ask him out yourself. It's very common for girls to ask guys out these days... :cool:

But do you think he likes me just based on the fact that we enjoy talking to each other (and only about work)?

That's why I'm hesitant. It isn't so much that I'm afriad of rejection. I've asked out guys I think were interested only to have them say they either have girlfriends or see me as a close buddy.

Simply suggest that you guys hang out sometime based on something you have in common. Like say you are talking about basketball...you can say "haha we should totally play one day...id kick your butt". A smart guy who is into you would see that as an open invite to ask you out.

• Author

Thanks for the suggestions.

Let me revise my question a little.

Guys, if you only talk about work with a coworker (say, you're a workaholic and is an ambitious man), what are the chances that you would be interested in the girl?

• Author
I have a crush on a very motivated woman in my classes. We both tavel alot and work hard, and are doing these classes at night. We talk all the time after classes. However, we mostly talk about our careers, and then some personal stuff... then go our seperate ways. I like her a lot. I feel she likes me too. So I would say there is a chance in your case that your coworker likes you. The best way to know though is to try to hang out with him outside of work and talk about other things. It is possible that he likes you though. I know my crush and I are both wrokaholics and have slightly similar jobs, so that is something we talk about the most... it could be a similar situation with you and your coworker. However, in my case there isn't any women around my age in my office, so I don't have that inetial attraction. Just try to talk to your coworker crush about things other than work, and try to make that connection.

good luck!

Would you try to date her? Or just want to enjoy the connection?

I think the most "personal" thing my coworkers tells me about is how he feels about work and what he plans to do in between his hectic schedule.

But do you think he likes me just based on the fact that we enjoy talking to each other (and only about work)?

That's why I'm hesitant. It isn't so much that I'm afriad of rejection. I've asked out guys I think were interested only to have them say they either have girlfriends or see me as a close buddy.

ha! Welcome to a guys world! We always have to deal with that.

Just go for it!