The beautiful young lady on my office floor

guyja201

Hi!

This is my first time here on LS. I have a question for you all regarding interpretation of "signals" from a girl.

Please bear with me as I describe what has happened so far.

There's this girl on my office floor. She is not in the same department as me; we don't share any office space whatsoever; my department does not interact with her department. She is not my coworker.

Until a couple of days ago, I would only "run into" her in the hallway, and that too very infrequently. "Run into" within quotes because we would be a fair distance apart (far enough for conversation to be impossible to strike up). On each of these occasions, we made substantial eye contact (she wouldn't look away quickly and neither would I). And that was that since we would both be usually heading somewhere when we were in the hallway (and often there would be other people around as well). This has happened at least 5-6 times.

Then, last week, I actually ran into her near the kitchen area. She was going away from the kitchen, and I was headed for the kitchen. I thought of trying to initiate some conversation with her, but this time she didn't make any eye contact and just kept walking away. So I couldn't.

Yesterday morning, we again walked by each other in the hallway. But since there were some other people around, I knew she would just keep walking without establishing any eye contact. And that's exactly what happened.

Finally, yesterday afternoon: somehow, me and her end up in the elevators' area, with nobody else around. She's standing by the buttons that need to be pressed for calling the elevators. I was going to a floor below, and so as I was walking over to the press the "down" button, she immediately pushes it for me (she was going to some floor above). I stopped in my tracks, and said "thank you" with a very subtle smile. In response, she smiled but didn't say anything. I didn't have it in me to maintain constant eye contact (I did not want to come across as depserate/rude/a pervert!), and so I looked here-there-everywhere-else sheepishly :confused:. All that time, I thought maybe I should say something more, but by then our elevators arrived and we both went our ways. :(

Oh, and if it isn't evident already: I'm immensely attracted to her! This is not even about her looks (although it doesn't hurt that she is very good-looking). I really would like to get to know her: as a good friend before anything else (and if it turns into something more later on, then great; but that's not the way I want to start things off with her).

Here's what I think, and I could be completely wrong about it (which is why I would like to hear from you on it): based on what has transpired between me and her so far, I feel that she is also interested in talking to me (at least; can't say for sure if there's more than that on her mind). And looks like she'd rather not interact with me at all if other people happen to be around.

So, now I'm curious to know:

a) Is she waiting on me to make a move and initiate conversation (at an appropriate time, when there's nobody else nearby)?

b) OR, am I reading too much into her gestures, and that she's just being polite having realized that I'm indeed attracted to her (I can't hide stuff; it's so friggin' easy to see through me)?

c) What should I do next?

She's so pretty! Oh what wouldn't I give to get to know her! :love:

You have to speak to her. There's no way of knowing.

I was reading your post and realized that I've interacted similarly with at least 3 men at work. I wouldn't assume that they think I'm pretty or that they want further interaction with me because nothing of consequence actually happened. Life is too short to spend time analyzing each and every interaction, especially when the 'signals' are so incredibly minute.

Sounds like you're grasping at straws. Maybe she immediately pressed the down button for you so you wouldn't get any closer to her. Who knows, anyone here would just be guessing, including you. If you want her, than you need to do something about it, not stay back endlessly over-analyzing every minute thing she does.

• Like 1
Hi!

This is my first time here on LS. I have a question for you all regarding interpretation of "signals" from a girl.

Please bear with me as I describe what has happened so far.

There's this girl on my office floor. She is not in the same department as me; we don't share any office space whatsoever; my department does not interact with her department. She is not my coworker.

Until a couple of days ago, I would only "run into" her in the hallway, and that too very infrequently. "Run into" within quotes because we would be a fair distance apart (far enough for conversation to be impossible to strike up). On each of these occasions, we made substantial eye contact (she wouldn't look away quickly and neither would I). And that was that since we would both be usually heading somewhere when we were in the hallway (and often there would be other people around as well). This has happened at least 5-6 times.

Then, last week, I actually ran into her near the kitchen area. She was going away from the kitchen, and I was headed for the kitchen. I thought of trying to initiate some conversation with her, but this time she didn't make any eye contact and just kept walking away. So I couldn't.

Yesterday morning, we again walked by each other in the hallway. But since there were some other people around, I knew she would just keep walking without establishing any eye contact. And that's exactly what happened.

Finally, yesterday afternoon: somehow, me and her end up in the elevators' area, with nobody else around. She's standing by the buttons that need to be pressed for calling the elevators. I was going to a floor below, and so as I was walking over to the press the "down" button, she immediately pushes it for me (she was going to some floor above). I stopped in my tracks, and said "thank you" with a very subtle smile. In response, she smiled but didn't say anything. I didn't have it in me to maintain constant eye contact (I did not want to come across as depserate/rude/a pervert!), and so I looked here-there-everywhere-else sheepishly :confused:. All that time, I thought maybe I should say something more, but by then our elevators arrived and we both went our ways. :(

Oh, and if it isn't evident already: I'm immensely attracted to her! This is not even about her looks (although it doesn't hurt that she is very good-looking). I really would like to get to know her: as a good friend before anything else (and if it turns into something more later on, then great; but that's not the way I want to start things off with her).

Here's what I think, and I could be completely wrong about it (which is why I would like to hear from you on it): based on what has transpired between me and her so far, I feel that she is also interested in talking to me (at least; can't say for sure if there's more than that on her mind). And looks like she'd rather not interact with me at all if other people happen to be around.

So, now I'm curious to know:

a) Is she waiting on me to make a move and initiate conversation (at an appropriate time, when there's nobody else nearby)?

b) OR, am I reading too much into her gestures, and that she's just being polite having realized that I'm indeed attracted to her (I can't hide stuff; it's so friggin' easy to see through me)?

c) What should I do next?

Uhhh...she not interested. Its only 1 out of 3 eye contacts and thats not a good enough reason to be so so happy. I used to get excited like u over it & then realized it was all for nothing :(.