is he interested in me, or is he just being friendly?

priaz

i am under the impression that a classmate/friend likes me, but i'm not sure.

The thing is, before this year, i didn't know who he was. He looked familiar, but i didn't know who he was.

Apparently, he was in a few classes with me the year before. On the first day of class, he said hi to me, and i had no idea who he was. I said hi back, just to be polite.

It wasn't until later that i found out he was in my medical school classes. I don't know how he got my name, but i don't want to ask because i think that would be rude. I'm an active participant on our medical school class fb group, so maybe that's how he got my name?

I think i caught him staring in my direction a few times. He probably wasn't staring at me, but i thought it was a little odd.

According to others from our med class, he's a really shy guy. He sits to the side of class and doesn't really interact with anyone except for a few friends. Yet he talks to me, and we've never talked before we started med school.

i'm not sure whether or not i like him. I hardly know him. We do have quite a bit in common, same med school, work in the library at school, asian.

if you could help me out, i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Why does it matter? He hasn't done anything to further things and you aren't interested. You would know if you were interested from the very first moment.

Sounds almost like you need an Asian bf to appease your family and that's the only reason you are considering him.