Boy goes to mental hospital, boy meets girl... who works at the hospital...

Cowboyninapiraterobo

Cowboyninapiraterobo

Would appreciate advice:

Situation:

I just finished an inpatient hospital stay for mental health issues stemming from service during war. This was a voluntary program. Feeling much better now.

However, I developed a crush on one of the social workers that worked on the ward. I believe she may like me as well... and I'm confused. I even FB stalked her the first night I was out - and she's on there. I don't know if I should contact her or not, and I don't know exactly how to do it. I only have her work extension for her phone, and I only have her work email (which she can't respond to personal messages on).

So what should I do? I don't want to burn any bridges, but at the same time I haven't felt like this about someone in a while.

Arrrrrg.

thanks in advance.

I wish I had good news, but I work in a similar profession and we're legally bound from being in any type of relationship with former clients. That professional door has to kept open for a few years, in case the former person wants to rejoin the program. Her license is at stake for breaking that rule, if anyone found out.

I would imagine that trying to pursue would only end up with you feeling hurt.

She won't be allowed to date you, it could affect your well-being and change the dynamics in the event that you would need to see her again.

We're not probably right, we're right.

I do understand how you feel, though. I had to see a therapist for PTSD and started feeling like he was flirting with me at times. I don't think I ever flirted back. About 3 sessions after it began, he essentially dumped me and referred me to someone else.

• Author
Cowboyninapiraterobo

I guess it's been a long time since I've felt like a woman saw something in me that she found desirable. I think. I could be completely off my rocker on that one. It's been... a long, lonely time.

utterer of lies
I guess it's been a long time since I've felt like a woman saw something in me that she found desirable. I think. I could be completely off my rocker on that one. It's been... a long, lonely time.

I think you should contact her. If she's not allowed to date former clients or doesn't want to, you will find out soon enough.

But don't just give up before you even started.

• Author
Cowboyninapiraterobo
I think you should contact her. If she's not allowed to date former clients or doesn't want to, you will find out soon enough.

But don't just give up before you even started.

With a name like that, I can't help but trust you!

*HUG*

Still going to sit on it for a few days and see.

I work in a similar field and we are legally and contractually forbidden to date patients. It's a big deal and very unethical.

Unfortunately some of the feelings you have may be from your therapy. The reason why we have to stay away from dating our clients is because therapy is a place of simulated intimacy -- total honesty and no judgment.

It's not worth it, she'll ignore you, and if you go back to the clinic then she'll be forced to pass you to someone else.

Sorry mate.