the older guy

meganater

I am 17 and he is 24 and we meet right after he graduated from the police academy. I will be 18 in 3 months and he told me that he really has feelings for me but he wants to wait till I turn 18. we have a ton in common too we are both catholic and want the same things in life. I am done with High school and enrolling into the police academy in fall. But it bothers me that he wants to wait 3 months to be anything when we have so much in common. what should I do, and how should I approach things?

[font=arial][/font][color=darkred][/color]

Waiting for a few months may feel like forever, but it's not. I met my husband when I was 18 and things moved very quickly. We moved in together only a few months after dating, and got married 2 years later. My only advice to you is just to take things slow. I have grown up and changed so much in the last 7 years. At 18, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted. Today at 25, what I want has changed. If you truly want to be with each other, a few months is nothing. It sounds to me like he's just waiting for you to be "legal". And that's really no big deal. Three months of waiting can turn into a lifetime together. So just wait it out...maybe it will only bring you closer.