'Ugliness' and dating - consolidated discussion

Woggle

Or maybe he has a giant member.:laugh:

Nah, not with all that fat, unless he's bone-pressing his measurements :laugh:

Seriously though, I was actually about to make this thread myself - I don't know how this guy ended up with her. It's like that Lyle Lovett dude dating Julia Roberts (although she apparently tried to chat up Bez from Happy Mondays - she must like butters dudes, although Bez is as cool as sh*t :lmao:).

This will be put down to an exception, or women in Hollywood trying to prove they aren't shallow, but honestly, not everybody does the same thing. "Ugly" dudes can go out and do alright for themselves, I've seen them do it in real life all the time.

• Like 1
  • Author

Even I was asking myself if she can't do better? This is some serious lowering of standards or maybe not depending on her criteria.

He's not ugly -- he's average. Average in terms of the way *most* people look.

Obviously he has a charismatic or compelling personality. Perhaps that was lacking in most of the men Charlize previously dated?

• Like 5

Obviously he has a charismatic or compelling personality. Perhaps that was lacking in most of the men Charlize previously dated?

Maybe facially he's average. I mean I don't think he's hideous and should be living under a bridge--I think most of the focus is on his body type. He's not exactly in great shape, and I'm sure if she wanted, she could find a man with a better physique.

No. He's ugs.

Lyle Lovett was quirky-looking. Not hideous...just odd.

But this guy...ye gads.

He looks EXACTLY like every really funny guy I've ever known.

HUMOR is a huge attractant. ALWAYS works for me, works for many others, even heavy guys that aren't great looking. I don't watch TV but is that show he is in a comedy?

Someone likes being around you when you make them smile, laugh and can keep them geuinely uplifted.

That's a pretty good example I must say.

His last girlfriend is hot too.

He's not hideous but he's definitely a few leagues below both women.

I don't think the point is that there are women who will overlook looks. There are ALWAYS good looking and beautiful women who will overlook looks. But it is rare, and just as rare in average women too.

The point is more that most people will settle for nothing less than the absolute best they can get lookswise.

Let's be honest. Most of the female members on LS would not date that guy. And almost NONE of them look as good as those two women or have nearly half as much going on as them. That's a pretty safe bet.

• Like 1
He looks EXACTLY like every really funny guy I've ever known.

HUMOR is a huge attractant. ALWAYS works for me, works for many others, even heavy guys that aren't great looking. I don't watch TV but is that show he is in a comedy?

Someone likes being around you when you make them smile, laugh and can keep them geuinely uplifted.

Check out who is dating Charlize Theron. She probably has more money than he has so it certainly isn't that factor so what is it? Maybe she is going blind?

Charlize Theron is happy with new man Eric Stonestreet and adopted son in a very Modern Family | Mail Online

Of course. The only guys who think looks are so important in attracting women are basically the guys who do poorly with women. Looks only matter a little.
  • Like 2

I would also add just so my last comment doesn't seem misogynistic that the guy in the link would probably also not settle for someone in his own league. He probably only dates beautiful women.

You have to be careful of what people want. If somebody puts a lot of importance on looks and you are not in their wheelhouse, then find out early and move on.

Looks only matter a little <to women>.

That's possible, as a generality. If, however, anecdotes of women's descriptions of preference regarding their reasons for personal rejection are to be considered any sort of guide, I can state with complete certainty that, so far, no woman has described, as a reason for rejection, one or more elements of personality/demeanor/behavior as being relevant. Looks, meaning aspects of physical appearance, yes. Now, it is possible they sought to save face by rejecting for appearance reasons when their true reasons had nothing to do with appearance, but I can only accept what is self-evident, what they actually spoke.

I recall recently posting a photo of Charlize with a buzz cut and no makeup when she was in Namibia and, outside of 'glamour' mode, she came across as a regular gal. Some people have the gift of being able to glamorize for the camera and she's one of them. Her boyfriend, not so much, but who knows (amongst us) how he is in real life. For them, currently, the dating process is working. Who knows what next week/month/year will bring?

• Author
This proves nothing but that women go for men with money. Use real world people you know. Can you name any? Didn't think so.

She clearly doesn't need his money. Another example of a woman who went for an ugly man who clearly doesn't need his money is Beyonce and Jay-z

The point is more that most people will settle for nothing less than the absolute best they can get lookswise.

Only very foolish people put looks at the top of the list.

Attraction is very important, but about far more than looks alone.

This proves nothing but that women go for men with money. Use real world people you know. Can you name any? Didn't think so.

I have good friends who look similar to this pairing. I could name them, but I don't think you know them :p

• Like 1
She clearly doesn't need his money. Another example of a woman who went for an ugly man who clearly doesn't need his money is Beyonce and Jay-z

:laugh: Would she date him if he wasn't jay-z? Club owning, professional sports team share holding, alcohol producing, award winning forbes list rapper? Bad example.

• Like 1
Eric Stonestreet, Charlize Theron: Not Dating or Going to Emmy Awards : People.com

They aren't dating.

But, yes, women generally date down in looks.

Is that right?

Your fellow LS females would disagree.

They're always chirping about how they are dating or have dated super hot, gorgeous guys, to the point where they are sometimes self conscious about it.

• Like 1
:laugh: Would she date him if he wasn't jay-z? Club owning, professional sports team share holding, alcohol producing, award winning forbes list rapper? Bad example.

She wouldn't be dating jay-z the regional manager of foot locker

• Like 1

Whenever two celebs are photographed together, they are suddenly dating or madly in love. I'm sure she loves him like a brother. Besides, I've heard she bats for the other team. Women can have "beards," too.

Is that right?

Your fellow LS females would disagree.

They're always chirping about how they are dating or have dated super hot, gorgeous guys, to the point where they are sometimes self conscious about it.

They mean hot to them. What they deem hot, others would label average or below. There are only so many male models to go around and I seriously doubt every LS female is dating one.

Most couples are equal in looks or the woman is better looking. Couples where the guy is better looking are incredibly rare.

• Like 3