internet dates

mfrmboy

I am just starting to internet date. Has anyone had success at this?

Ive met a couple of guy's but all they wanted was to hook up(sex).

I hope to meet some new friends and mabye a new man! :D:love:

Do any of you have advice or experiences to share?

It can work out splendidly - or not. Some people are dishonest about themselves and some are just in denial. Understand that you can't get a true sense of the human until you've spent time with him in 3D. The best the Internet and other long-distance media can do for you is to give you a method to expedite the initial tasks of getting-to-know-you in terms of finding out opinions, tastes, etc. If you find you have enough in common to meet, do so, but understand that even photos don't really convey the person adequately. We are such complex creatures that we need to be observed in our natural state rather than from a distance.

I say internet dating is a great way to meet people. I met someone online and we click so well in so many ways. It took a couple of months to find the right one, I would chat with people but not give out my number, until I met my boyfriend. I still can't believe how we met!! We are actually moving in together next month.

I've heard good stories and bad. More good though. People have told me they met their current wives/husbands/boyfriends/girlfriends online.

True, it is hard to assess whether or not the person is being honest about themselves. But the way I see it, that is also true when you meet someone face to face the first few times.

My advice is go with your gut. If you have a feeling that all the guy wants is sex, you are probably right.

Hope this helps.

Sundaymorning

I met my bf of 8 months online, through a college online dating thing. Worked out well!

But I really covered my bases.....checked on the college website to see if he really was a student (through student directory)....and asked him questions at first to really see if he was what I wanted to start dating.