need help with deceision

baloothabear

baloothabear

Hi, i just joined this forum and i am 19 years old. I have had afew relationships but none of them really went anywhere.I would like some input on the situation that i am facing.

I have been really close with my friend for a long time about 4 years now and i can't stop thinking about her. When we first met we dated for a short period of time but we decided to be friends insted of boyfirend and girlfriend.Even after we just became friends i have still loved her every day. After we broke up she and my former best friend got into a relationship for about a year. We talk 2 eachother quite frequently but i cant tell her how i truely feel about her and that i love her ........

Any input anyone might have is appreciated[font=arial][/font]

I had a friend like that to, we we're best friends for a long time confided in eachother, hung out all the time..........Now he's my husband.......... sometimes you have to be friends 1st good luck

Why was it only a short amount of time? Which one of you decided on being friends? I'm assuming she brought it up first, even though it was mutual, right? Always a tough situation with good friends. Best thing to do is start asking her out, dropping subtle hints along the way. I know it's a lot easier said than done b/c there is always that risk of the friendship becoming weird, but it's better to know than live with all that pent up emotion. DO NOT tell her you love her or get overly emotional. From her response and general body language, you should be able to guage how to proceed. If it's not going in the direction you want, you need to back off and move on with your feelings. If she changes her mind, she will come back, even with less frequent contact. At least at that point your not waiting around. Being interested in a good friend who doesn't share the same feelings is the absolute worst feeling. It will eat you up inside until you let go of it. Also a good friend does not always equal a good partner, as I've found out many times. It's because we tend to put friends on a pedastal, overlook their flaws and are only seeing one half of the picture. Also, I'm not sure how long it's been since she broke up with her former guy, but make sure she's over that completely. You don't want to be the rebound guy, as friends sometimes are because there's such a strong comfort level. good luck.

I have been in a situation like that too and I am roughly your age, so I hear where you are coming from. The only thing I will say to you is: Would you risk your friendship for a chance to be with her. If the answer is no, then continue being her friend, but look other places for your next girlfriend. If you are willing to risk it, then risk it. You only live once and you are still young.