I'm totally lost...and I hope I haven't lost her...

Anonymous1338

Anonymous1338

It's been a year and we still aren't dating. I'm so frustrated...

Keep in mind throughout this whole situation, though I want to admit it to myself or not, I've always liked her. First girl i can't help myself over, and it kind of scares me tbh.

First semester of college: We like each other. bad misunderstanding makes her think I'm not really into her and she is hurt, dislikes me and seems to get over me. barely friends, just polite small talk when needed. At end of this semester I told her I liked her and she rejected me. I gave up and spent the winter break trying to get over her.

Second semester: Awkward phase at the beginning. A month or so later we get along better and as time goes by we are getting along great and it becomes apparent she may still have feelings for me. By the end of the semester, it is obvious she has feelings for me but I can't bring myself to confront it because I guess I'm afraid I'm making up things I want to be there. Plus summer/finals wer near and I didn't want to start anything then.

Summer: Besides one or two short convos texting/fb, we never talked. I initiated both conversations.

This Semester: It's only been a few days and I'm trying to gauge if her feelings are gone for me. There is a lot of awkwardness between us (silences, ignore each other in group settings). She stares at me out of the corner of her eye and glances at me a lot whether I'm sitting next to her or farther away. I haven't shown any signs I like her because I don't want her looking at me because she's checking if I'm paying attention to her or whatever.

I just get so nervous/awkward around her this semester. I want to date her already, but I feel like this awkwardness is in the way. And she never directly talks to me in group settings.

Idk what to do anymore. How to tell if she's still interested and how to make things like they were the first few weeks when we met when awkwardness didn't exist and we were so carefree with each other. This awkwardness is so frustrating...

Btw, early first semester we got through the awkward phase after a month or so and we were hitting it off great. I don't want to wait that long, especially since there is no reason for this awkwardness now, and I really want to give her no doubt what my intentions are. But I want to know if she is stil interested...

• Author
Anonymous1338

I feel like things are too awkward right now though. Just putting it out there could possibly just break the ice already or just make a very awkward situation if she isn't feeling it anymore. Prime opportunity was end of last semester but I made excuses to delay it and now I'm worried.

Plus I wouldn't know where to start. I probably won't see her till Tuesday since our friend groups have diverged a little.

• Author
Anonymous1338

I'm sorry, I looked for bumping rules and couldn't find them. I apologize if it isn't allowed. I would just like some advice.

And I meant early second semester in my first post's last paragraph.