Girlfriend expresses "doubts" and other negativity..too soon?

jepso5000

I've recently started seeing this woman a few months ago, we get along great when we're together. I have noticed though that I do believe she's suffering from mild depression and she tends to get extremely negative at times. She's actually voiced that she's concerned that we wouldn't work out because she's "very religious" while I'm not. I've told her I'm open minded to those kinds of things but it's obviously a very hot topic for her and it worries me that her very strong opinions on the matter could be a major problem at some point. I never ever mock her for her beliefs and I certainly don't judge her for them...but at the same time it seems SHE's judging me for my agnostic point of view. Sometimes she makes me feel much less "enlightened".

She's going through some tough times right now and is very frustrated with her life and I'm sure that's coming across at times. I try to avoid conversations about these things with her but from time to time they come up, when we're having a strong discussion. It's a little disheartening to hear someone have these kinds of doubts so early in a relationship, perhaps it's just because she's going through a tough time right now...or maybe it's a huge red flag...I'm not sure at this point.

Have other people had relationships with someone who is very religious/spiritual while the other person isn't? I'm not saying she's fanatical and I certainly don't try to force my beliefs on her...it does seem though that she tries to force hers on me.

*edit*

I just want to add that I'm not HELLBENT on my "religion" or lack thereof. I just haven't had time to explore it and to be quiet honest...I'm lazy with it. I would be very open minded to her beliefs and religion and I guess that's where she's coming from...is that I would be intolerant of her "crazy fanatical beliefs" in terms of raising a child or family.

Edited by jepso5000