I don't want to hang out w my friend anymore

So I was good friends with this girl in high school. I was always attracted to her, but she had a boyfriend.

Anyways, we kept in touch a bit when we went away to college. She had a steady bf then, too.

Saw her again for the first time in March after about 5 years of not seeing each other. It was pretty fun to catch up.

Saw her again in May and a couple weeks ago. These last two times, hanging out with her has been a CHORE. She wants to hang out a lot, but all she does is talk about her ex, or another guy she is interested in. I don't really get much of a chance to speak, and when I do I find we don't have the same interests anymore, and I feel generally uncomfortable interacting with her.

So, idk what to do. She wants to hang out a lot, and I feel bad deflecting cause she is actually really nice with good intentions.

Any way I can turn this into a FWB? I was thinking of asking her if we could progress things to FWB. Either she says yes (win), or she doesn't want to hang out with my again (win). Its unlikely she agrees, but its worth a try, I guess.

So I was good friends with this girl in high school. I was always attracted to her, but she had a boyfriend.

Anyways, we kept in touch a bit when we went away to college. She had a steady bf then, too.

Saw her again for the first time in March after about 5 years of not seeing each other. It was pretty fun to catch up.

Saw her again in May and a couple weeks ago. These last two times, hanging out with her has been a CHORE. She wants to hang out a lot, but all she does is talk about her ex, or another guy she is interested in. I don't really get much of a chance to speak, and when I do I find we don't have the same interests anymore, and I feel generally uncomfortable interacting with her.

So, idk what to do. She wants to hang out a lot, and I feel bad deflecting cause she is actually really nice with good intentions.

Any way I can turn this into a FWB? I was thinking of asking her if we could progress things to FWB. Either she says yes (win), or she doesn't want to hang out with my again (win). Its unlikely she agrees, but its worth a try, I guess.

At first I was like damn what a dork then I read your FWB's plan. Right now she sees you as a mangina, you need to transform into a guy she would bone which you aren't currently. This process is difficult, but you need to do something brash kiss her, or say something sexual in nature, next you need to stop hanging out with her as much. When you do hangout keep flirting until you bring the topic up of liking her as more than a friend.

Be honest and point her to your post.

This is horrible advice and will only work if you're extremely handsome AND she's a ho.

LittlePrince
This is horrible advice and will only work if you're extremely handsome AND she's a ho.

manup needs to man up. It wasn't meant as a strategy for victory but the way one should lead their life. Open and honest without any reservations.

utterer of lies

What? Hanging out with her is a chore, but you still want to spend more time with her?

Don't. Just cut her off.

What use is an FWB with a girl you feel uncomfortable interacting with...

LittlePrince
What? Hanging out with her is a chore, but you still want to spend more time with her?

Don't. Just cut her off.

What use is an FWB with a girl you feel uncomfortable interacting with...

hate sex...

utterer of lies
hate sex...

Haha, but it's not even enough for that. It seems to be just a discomfort being with her, boredom and apathy, not the burning anger required for good hate sex. ;)