Girlfriend abroad, or the ordeal that doesn't end.

LittleMonkey

LittleMonkey

Hey all,

So I've met this girl, had an amazing connection, then 3 weeks after she went on a 1.5 month trip abroad, different time zones etc. Even tough there were some communication issues (not very available when she's not with me, busy with preparations/work etc.) I was with her on the airport and everything's seemed prefect, she told me not to forget her, and that we'll talk a lot when she's there, and be together when she gets back.

At the beginning I've been sending a few texts a day and she replied, but then she suddenly didn't, and I waited and she hasn't returned a text, so I sent another after a few days to which she did reply.

So far I've been sending about a text a week, i.e. sending "Thinking about you no matter how far you are" and getting 2 days later(she was at a camp so no reception probably) a reply "Miss you so much"

Now I thought everything's alright. Day after that I saw her online on the text app, and sent her "Hey beautiful, what's up?" no reply (she was online and updating Facebook) and about 3 hours after that I still anted to get some kind of response from her, I've sent her a cute pic of my cat. Nothing. At that point I hid her Facebook updates, so that it won't freak me out every time.

Week after that (last Saturday) I've sent "Hey, I haven't heard from you in a long time, is everything alright? The mystery boils within me. Missing you"

Some hours after that she replied with "Baby?" (nighttime at her place) so I've answered about 1/2 hour after she sent the text (didn't see it right away, and thought about what to text) with "I'm here princess :) What's up?" Now she was already offline (probably went to sleep) and didn't see my message until the morning, and she didn't reply. She did go online throughout the week and probably updated Facebook too, though I'm not seeing it now. It seems like as this trip progresses, there's less and less communications.

I really don't know what's going on. She doesn't initiate texts, replies only to some, and without being direct or following up on what I'm writing.

If she doesn't want me, why does she still text? If she does, why doesn't she text?

I'm thinking between just waiting now, and hoping to hear from her, or just sending a text that clearly asks something like "Hey, so I'm not getting any response from you, what's going on between us? I don't want to send texts if they're not interesting. Or should I take a hint?" I don't want to look needy, or break something by sending a message like this.

About 2 more weeks until she comes back. Don't know where I stand. Don't want to feel like I'm the only one chasing. But still, maybe it's this trip of hers, she's just not thinking about all of this and as far as she's concerned everything's alright.

I've been running, taking guitar lessons, started learning Japanese, going to martial arts class... trying to fill my schedule.. Still thinking about her and longing to see her. Feeling alone.

I'll appreciate any advice or support.

Keep it light and brief and infrequent and see how things go when she returns. Let her do most of the talking. It bothers me that she is on Facebook so often. It's good that you're keeping busy, which shows her that you can survive without her.

• Author
LittleMonkey
Keep it light and brief and infrequent and see how things go when she returns. Let her do most of the talking. It bothers me that she is on Facebook so often. It's good that you're keeping busy, which shows her that you can survive without her.

Thanks, yeah that's the plan, try to keep busy doing stuff so I won't go insane waiting for her. I really don't know what's going on, with all this strange behavior. replying or not replying..

I think I'll wait now for her to contact me. If I'm important to her like she said, she's supposed to contact me I guess.. I just don't want to send the wrong message with this, maybe that way she's gonna think I'm not into her anymore...

hmmm. Why is she on FB but not replying back? i suggest you should wait until she comes back and just enjoy your time.

• Author
LittleMonkey
hmmm. Why is she on FB but not replying back? i suggest you should wait until she comes back and just enjoy your time.

That's what really strange about it... She's updating posting pictures liking replying etc. But not texting me. or only replying sometimes, still sweetly and all. That's why I've hidden her updates so it won't freak me out everytime I see her update.

Another thing to think about is... Cellphone roaming charges. maybe it costs less to be online than to text back. when my friend from work went to europe for 2 months, she had just started dating her now husband. the would only skype once a week. she was always exhausted from the touring and when she would get back to the hotel, she would pass out cold. she didnt have her phone on though because of the roaming. you should suggest skyping or having a set time to be online to have a conversation. sometimes, you have to tell people what you want. Communication will always be the key to any succesful relationship, wether its work related or personal.

**** dude...same situation.Just that I'm pursuing her and we're progressing.I think I scared her off a little tho...gonna give her some space :(