Feeling indifferent about dating and sex

Green Light

Green Light

Well, looks like I'm back in the dating scene again but I just can't get excited about it. Sure, there are times that I really wish I had someone special to spend some time with but the whole thing seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I even feel indifferent about sex. Kind of a "been there, done that" feeling.

This all makes me feel strange because I've always been one to hate being alone and I've always had a high sex drive.

Reading about some of you "multi-dating" and talking about things like "game" and being a player just sounds so exhausting.

Anyone else feel like this?

olddirtyspatula

I can't remember the last time I was this disinterested in dating, I was probably 13. it's quite nice. I hope it lasts.

It's probably your hormones. It might also be other health problems. Maybe have a complete physical to make sure. There are other things that can make you depressed and tired -- thyroid, early heart disease, diabetes, low blood pressure, chronic fatigue syndrome, poor nutrition, etc.

Ninjainpajamas
Well, looks like I'm back in the dating scene again but I just can't get excited about it. Sure, there are times that I really wish I had someone special to spend some time with but the whole thing seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I even feel indifferent about sex. Kind of a "been there, done that" feeling.

This all makes me feel strange because I've always been one to hate being alone and I've always had a high sex drive.

Reading about some of you "multi-dating" and talking about things like "game" and being a player just sounds so exhausting.

Anyone else feel like this?

It happens...I got to feeling the same way too.

But for me it was worrying about getting myself into the same trouble as before, scared that I haven't learned about myself...worried that I wouldn't treat someone well enough this time, maybe I didn't want the pressure or to meet some grand expectations, maybe I just wanted to be me and chill for a bit...have some control over my own life and take in and enjoy the peacefulness of having absolutely nothing going on and clearing my head.

I've always had a high sex drive myself, I wanted to incorporate other facets of my life...I didn't want my drive controlling me, I wanted to be able to trigger it on and off, not just follow this insatiable appetite.

The been there done that comes from past experiences, you're looking at it through a narrow glass and seeing the bad that comes from it or could come from it..it's that exhausting feeling and wondering if it worth it, does the same things excite you anymore? are you that into it or have you just changed?

Give yourself some time to relax and just slow down the wheels in your head and take it a day at a time...invest in something you love to do or a hobby you never took up...take the focus on the subject and things will fall into place and you'll be reinvigorated once again when it's the right time...don't force yourself through an emotional situation and your current feelings...you're there for a reason.