why would a guy suddenly back off

starla33

So I have a guy friend who I was told had a crush on me so we went ahead and decided to hang out by ourselves...we planned to do it sometime this coming week, but the closer it gets the less and less he talks to me(i don't want to have to chase after him for this). This guy is not a player as he doesn't get many girls at all and is pretty nerdy....so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Maybe he is shy ??

I'll bet anything he is pulling back because he doesn't want to eff it up before you guys hang out...

Kinda improving his chances by removing the eff up factor.

good luck...

• Like 1
  • Author
Maybe he is shy ??

I'll bet anything he is pulling back because he doesn't want to eff it up before you guys hang out...

Kinda improving his chances by removing the eff up factor.

good luck...

I mean yeah hes told me he is not good at the dating thing and doesn't get many dates, but come on now. While we were friends he went on about how I'm so hot and only date hot rich guys (i don't!) made me feel like he thinks I'm unattainable. You would think he would be excited and planning already instead of backing off and barely talking to me the last few weeks. I'm seriously getting to the point where I'm losing interest.

mortensorchid

In some situations, I am convinced, the person in question is irresponsible and flaky. That's why they are not successes at whatever it is that they do, be it business or personal. Just recently, I had made a connection with this man online and we had arranged to meet. The day of, he texted that he had to cancel because he had his daughter with him that night and he was sorry would I take a rain check? I said "Ok, I understand things happen when you have kids and all." As the rain check date approached and I had not heard from him again, I texted him "Are we still on for (date?)" He texted back "Yes, we are. Talk soon before (date)." But I never heard from him again. I have no idea if he showed up at the destination and tried calling me from there with "Where are you?" or something. Since he had canceled, I expected him to reschedule and follow through, but no dice.

Life goes on. If this guy has not followed up and said "I will meet you at (date / place / time)" then you should move on. Remind him once and if he has not responded to the reminder then it's as good as done.

• Author
In some situations, I am convinced, the person in question is irresponsible and flaky. That's why they are not successes at whatever it is that they do, be it business or personal. Just recently, I had made a connection with this man online and we had arranged to meet. The day of, he texted that he had to cancel because he had his daughter with him that night and he was sorry would I take a rain check? I said "Ok, I understand things happen when you have kids and all." As the rain check date approached and I had not heard from him again, I texted him "Are we still on for (date?)" He texted back "Yes, we are. Talk soon before (date)." But I never heard from him again. I have no idea if he showed up at the destination and tried calling me from there with "Where are you?" or something. Since he had canceled, I expected him to reschedule and follow through, but no dice.

Life goes on. If this guy has not followed up and said "I will meet you at (date / place / time)" then you should move on. Remind him once and if he has not responded to the reminder then it's as good as done.

I know him as a person and he is definitely not flakey....this is not some random guy I have met.

He said it himself he's not good at dating so maby this is how he's handling things. It's not easy to tell a woman that so kudos to him. Anyway, is the date time and place set?? If it is just show up.

He has seemed to paint a picture of you in his head already from what I read. Sounds like he's walking in egg shells already (not anything you did) so it may take a while for him to come out of his shell.

• Author
He said it himself he's not good at dating so maby this is how he's handling things. It's not easy to tell a woman that so kudos to him. Anyway, is the date time and place set?? If it is just show up.

He has seemed to paint a picture of you in his head already from what I read. Sounds like he's walking in egg shells already (not anything you did) so it may take a while for him to come out of his shell.

Nope no date or time is planned....so it's either going to be or it's never going to happen.

Even if he's shy, IMO if he's sufficiently motivated (that's on him, not you), he'll act proactively and decisively. He might be dropping antacids like candy but he'll get the job done. Insufficiently motivated, he'll just disappear back into his shell. Either action is an answer.

My *guess* is that fear has turned him mute.