Should I color my hair?

paperboy48

I am a 35 years old man and just divorced. I have the salt and pepper look at 35 years old...should I color my hair?

I love my hair as it has aged..

It has given me a more distinguished look...

I say leave it.. nothing worse than trying to look younger than you really are.

• Like 1

No! You will have to keep touching up the roots as they start growing out after 2 weeks or so, it's a pain. It looks bad on women, completely unacceptable on men. Don't do it

No! You will have to keep touching up the roots as they start growing out after 2 weeks or so, it's a pain. It looks bad on women, completely unacceptable on men. Don't do it

Who are you to say what's acceptable or not?

I say go for it! Personally I wish more men colored their hair. I even see young men in their twenties with a lot of grey hair and it's a turn off. If you think that makes you look better and increases your confidence then do it.

I personally like the salt and pepper look. But just do whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Mme. Chaucer

It's fine for you to color your hair, if you really want to. It does take upkeep, and trying to "look young" can backfire.

There is nothing unattractive about the salt and pepper thing, either.

At 35 I'd go for it, not sure you want the older look at that age. Save that for 45.

• Like 2

I would only do it if the salt and pepper hair makes you look older than you are. Otherwise, I like the salt and pepper look, even on young guys. One of my exes was salt and pepper at 18. We dated in our mid-20s and I always loved his hair.

You're too young for salt and pepper hair. Guys that are 50 might look good with that. You don't want to look older than you are at 35. Get one of the over-the-counter products and go for it. I know a lot of men that do, and it does make them look younger than they are.

My dad used to colour his hair, and I've dyed mine a few times, because I just have too many white hairs for my liking, in my mid-thirties.

you can buy....wait for it....hair mascara, this is dye-on-a-stick that you dab in, handy for emergency grays, yes, dye it and see what happens, most dyes for gray stain the hair forever (look for the word permanent on the box) but hair mascara can be washed out you have a choice

Yes, you should and might I recommend this fine vintage of cherry kool-aid?

Will it make him as dull-eyed and miserable-looking as the boy in your avatar?

LittlePrince
Will it make him as dull-eyed and miserable-looking as the boy in your avatar?

We can only hope. Women are like a moth to a flame when it comes to indifference.

I can't remember if that is a boy or a girl.

Disenchantedly Yours

I think you will find plenty of women that will like your hair as it is. Sadly, for women, when it comes to men, men are ready to kick women to the curb for looking older. Women aren't nearly as harsh.

But, if you are really wondering what it woud look like colored, I say give it a shot. The worse that can happen is you don't like it but it still grows out.

If you are really thinking about it, I say try it. But I don't think you have to worry about you not being attractive to women. Plenty of women like that.

luvinthesun
I am a 35 years old man and just divorced. I have the salt and pepper look at 35 years old...should I color my hair?

Sure... you can always let it grow in if u don't like...

mortensorchid

IF it makes you feel good about yourself, then do it. 35 is young to go grey, it may make you look older than you really are. How is your face? Do you have more wrinkles than the average person or is your skin smooth still? It is a total package look.

Who are you to say what's acceptable or not?

I say go for it! Personally I wish more men colored their hair. I even see young men in their twenties with a lot of grey hair and it's a turn off. If you think that makes you look better and increases your confidence then do it.

:eek: the OP asked for personal opinions! Who are you to say that it's acceptable for men to show outgrown roots?

Artificially coloured hair never looks that natural. I know men of varying ages that tried to get rid of their grey hairs and usually regretted it. There is no guarantee that the shade will always be the one you want (often it isn't in fact), it requires a lot of upkeep, men don't usually colour their hair therefore your roots showing looks worse because it stands out more in the crowd.

There is also the stigma of trying to look younger than your age, that goes for women and men.

I'd say stay natural OP. A lot of ladies like silver foxes ;)