Boyfriend lying....

My boyfriend is on vacation for a few days out of state, and his ex gf lives where he is going. He does not know but I know for a fact that his ex e-mailed him today. I asked him if he has had any calls/contacts from "anyone" there. He told me no. Why would he lie? I even asked him if he tells me everything, and he said yes. Is he just "protecting" me or ????

My boyfriend is on vacation for a few days out of state, and his ex gf lives where he is going. He does not know but I know for a fact that his ex e-mailed him today. I asked him if he has had any calls/contacts from "anyone" there. He told me no. Why would he lie? I even asked him if he tells me everything, and he said yes. Is he just "protecting" me or ????

Heck, I dunno.

Maybe he didn't tell you because he got his ex's text, was annoyed, and immediately deleted it, then didn't tell you because there's no use causing drama over something that doesn't matter.

Or maybe he's there to see her and doesn't want you to know.

Could be either - or something else. (Maybe he hasn't checked his email and he wasn't lying at all.)

How were you able to see his email?

It's hard to say.

My longtime ex of 5 years texted me over the weekend (he had been blocked but my stupid iphone imessage crap overrode the block). He asked if I had found someone. Did I tell my boyfriend? Heck no! I didn't write him back, turned off the iMessage so the block works again. It would only upset my boyfriend to know and I had no interest in the ********* anymore anyway.

Almond_Joy

You sound invasive.

Has he given you cause to believe he would cheat on you before he went out of town, or did you figure that because his ex was in town you needed to keep a closer eye on what your man's doing?

I agree with ptero that there could be several possible reasons why he told you he didn't receive any contact. I'd recommend asking him about the email, but since he's not supposed to know you're snooping through his account that'd probably be awkward for you.

Unless he's cheated on you before, you need to trust that he's not cheating on you. And if you can't trust him, leave him alone. Your snooping is deeply disrespectful.