Why am I attracting all the wrong guys??

blindesided

blindesided

Lately all the guys that have been hitting on me - I find out have girlfriends or are married. Where are all the nice single guys? I am not sure what vibe I am giving off - but seriously of the last 10 or so guys that have come on to me - at least 4 or 5 of them are married or in a relationship.

The guys that I am interested in & hit on - end up flaking out on me

What the hell is going on here? - I am very frustrated by the whole dating situation. And all this is in real life - not online - I am scared to death to go online if this is what is out here in the real world - I couldnt imagine the crazies I would meet - some of your horror stories are enough for me about OLD

• Like 1
Lately all the guys that have been hitting on me - I find out have girlfriends or are married. Where are all the nice single guys? I am not sure what vibe I am giving off - but seriously of the last 10 or so guys that have come on to me - at least 4 or 5 of them are married or in a relationship.

The guys that I am interested in & hit on - end up flaking out on me

What the hell is going on here? - I am very frustrated by the whole dating situation. And all this is in real life - not online - I am scared to death to go online if this is what is out here in the real world - I couldnt imagine the crazies I would meet - some of your horror stories are enough for me about OLD

Maybe you have the "look" of a woman that is willing to have an affair with a married man. However, I don't think there is such look.

However, sometimes women dress up a bit provocative and men get the wrong impression. Maybe you are well aware of the men around you and somehow meet their eyes.

• Author
blindesided

Yeah - if you figure out "the look" let me know so I can change it.

I dont dress provocative - mainly capri pants and t-shirts is my normal look.

I am aware of men around me & I like to flirt & have been called attractive - but I dont seek out married or taken men

I have the married or taken men literally beating down my door - but it seems like the eligiable guys I want dont want me back - it is very frustrating

Yeah - if you figure out "the look" let me know so I can change it.

I dont dress provocative - mainly capri pants and t-shirts is my normal look.

I am aware of men around me & I like to flirt & have been called attractive - but I dont seek out married or taken men

I have the married or taken men literally beating down my door - but it seems like the eligiable guys I want dont want me back - it is very frustrating

Being aware of the men that surround you causes you to glance at them and therefore they get ideas.

Where are you meeting these married men?

You need to change venue.

What is your age bracket? Single women sometimes become prey to married men in their late 30s and early 40s. At this point the single women may be tired of the dating scene with single men.

• Author
blindesided

Geez - I'll try not to glance at men - ha ha - then I'll never have any approch me :)

I am in my late 30's but look much younger

I have met them anywhere I go - some at my child's school even

Maybe I need to tone down the friendliness - although then I am cutting off the single guys too (or the ones that play single - until I find out otherwise)

Geez - I'll try not to glance at men - ha ha - then I'll never have any approch me :)

Maybe I need to tone down the friendliness - although then I am cutting off the single guys too (or the ones that play single - until I find out otherwise)

We are men.

We think that when a woman is friendly she is looking for sex. I know quite well that is not the case, but our genes are programmed to react in that manner.

You meet the profile for OW. Late 30s with kids and tired of the BS of dating. Sooner or later a MM will tell you he is living a celibate life at home and is looking out to get a divorce.

look at their ring finger first thing

Shaun-Dro

Don't tone down the friendliness if you're interested in the dude. That's a silly move and you know it. And how do you know all the single guys aren't into you unless you've actually went up to them and requested all of their statuses. :cool:

• Author
blindesided
We are men.

We think that when a woman is friendly she is looking for sex. I know quite well that is not the case, but our genes are programmed to react in that manner.

You meet the profile for OW. Late 30s with kids and tired of the BS of dating. Sooner or later a MM will tell you he is living a celibate life at home and is looking out to get a divorce.

That has already happenned more times than I would like. And of course, the first thing I look for is the ring on the finger.

Now the ones who just have girlfriends are a little trickier - those I usually dont find out about until later (sometimes too late - I'll be really starting to like them)

Like I said - the really single ones seem to be hitting on me fewer and farrer between - *sigh*

We are men.

We think that when a woman is friendly she is looking for sex.

She IS looking for sex. Maybe not admitting it outright... but wanting it from SINGLE guys not MARRIED or taken guys. So, she is sending the signals subliminally, or "accidentally" dressing to attract, and friendly persona is jacked up to flirt/attraction mode... ...and guys are responding.

If you are taking time to "get to know them" as you say, then you have plenty time to say right up front, "I don't date guys with girlfriends/wives" and save you the time wasted "getting to know them"