Does Opposite Shift Dating work?

There's a chick at my workplace that I'm interested in. Haven't really gotten a gauge for the interest back. I've walked by her a few times, smiled, and said hi a couple times. Only got a friendly hello back. Maybe she's already with someone, or the fact that I work 1st shift, and she works 2nd shift.

Which got me thinking, regardless of her situation. Can people on opposite working shifts date, and have an decent relationship? When you think about it, only the weekends would be the times where you spend a decent amount of time together. Maybe during the week, there could be an hour, or two at most a day. In a way, that might be a good thing, or make for a really short dating period.

My ex and I worked different schedules also at different companies. I worked 8-430 and he worked 3pm-11pm, he also worked weekends and I had off weekends. It was super hard, obviously we're not together anymore for other reasons but I'm sure his schedule helped it along..We basically saw each other Tues/Wed nights when I got out of work and Sat/Sun mornings before he went into work.

I think if both people are dedicated and willing to sacrifice free time to spend time together, it could work!

soserious1

I used to work with a man who had been married for decades to the same woman. I asked him what the secret was to keeping a marriage going for so many years, he smiled broadly and replied " work opposing shifts"