Time for the men to man up! Put down the violin!

TheFinalWord

TheFinalWord

RE-POST

I think this is important because I'm noticing a bad trend of bitterness on the forum lately!

Guys: Man up, quite mopping around about your looks, etc. "No woman wants me wah". Put the violin down. You think a woman wants some guy you defeats himself with his own mind? How can you take care of her and defend her, when you can't even guard your own mind against self-defeat! That's where confidence starts! Not walking in a room and demanding everyone respect you! Respect yourself and it will exude.

A woman should be honored to get to know you. That's the mentality you need to have. That's confidence. Not "alpha this, beta that". It's your mind that you're alpha. We're not dogs running around biting each other for scraps. We're human beings and are above our instincts. :)

OK, end rant...

Original post...

If anyone thinks a ugly guy can't get a hot wife, just watch Duck Commander! LOL

Here's the husband:

http://images.zap2it.com/images/tv-E...obertson-1.jpg

Here's the wife:

http://www.aetv.com/duck-dynasty/pic...rtson-Tree.jpg

Husband two:

Duck Dynasty Pictures (TV Show) photo 3 - Zap2it

Wife two:

Jase Robertson testing one of his duck calls. - Season 1 Preview - Duck Dynasty - Photo Gallery - A&E TV

In the red shirt...

end of discussion! Have something to offer :D

Yeah, they're rich now, but were dirt poor for a long time!

Here's another example. Random FB friend of friend:

Morgan James's Photos | Facebook

Moral of the story, most of the bitterness on this site shouldn't be taken out on members of the opposite sex on this site. This site largely represents people who think all they have to offer someone is looks! There's a least 4 other dimensions people! Mind, spirit, social, emotions...stop putting all your eggs in the looks basket. Truth is women are generally much less shallow about looks than men ;)

At the end of the day you want someone you can GROW OLD with. You think you're gonna look hot at 80 when you can't even contain your bowels? LOL You're gonna want a strong mate. Women generally live longer too so wise up guys. You think your mom is gonna take care of you when you're an old man? You're gonna want a woman that loves you, and not someone all about looks. Sex is important, but not the major piece of the equation! If looks were reduced in importance we wouldn't have a 50% divorce rate.

So find a good woman, and have more to offer her than just reducing yourself to looks. All you can change is your weight, clothes, and grooming. Other than that, quite moping, it is what it is. You can change your personality! 100% control!

Edited by TheFinalWord
  • Like 3

Duck Commander? What is that like a TV show?

You guys know TV ISN'T REAL, right? Even "reality" TV isn't real. People aren't hired for how real they are but how much drama they drag in.

• Like 1
Disenchantedly Yours

Everytime K.Kradashian runs another show, an angel looses it's wings.

P.S. The bitterness is not just "lately".

P.S.S. i am sick of examples of men "winning" where it's the hot young babe vs the fat old ugly scrooge..this is what men think is "winning?" Low standards gentlment..low standards indeed.

P.S.S.S. Women are infact not as judgmental about looks. Try learning from them Gentlemen and thinking about how you in return can repay the favor.

• Like 1

I agree with you on a lot of things, but you can't seriously actually think a TV show proves anything.

• Author
TheFinalWord
I agree with you on a lot of things, but you can't seriously actually think a TV show proves anything.

The Duck dynasty was was just an example. It's a bunch of ugly, red neck guys who make duck calls for a living. The wives of the two guys look like Miss American models!

I also provided a real life picture of an everyday couple. The guy is average at best and the wife smoking hot. I can provide DOZENS more if you want evidence.

Do you think these guys ended up with model looking wives by going around feeling sorry for themselves and blaming the women on this message board? I doubt it! They saw themselves as much more than just their looks. They believed they had something to offer a beautiful women. And guess what? Women can read a man a mile a way. They picked up on it too.

The point is so many men on here are whining about how girls only go for guys with great looks, ripped bodies, etc. When it is absolutely NOT true.

It's just a sad excuse. But if men CHOOSE to live in this reality then that is the world they are going to create for themselves. No woman is going to want a weak minded man like that, hot or ugly!

There is also a lot of talk about alpha male this and beta male that. Looks have nothing to do with it! Look at Donald Trump! The guys takes command and from a physical perspective looks ridiculous.

There is no trick to being "alpha" or "beta" it comes down to sincerely believing you are a great man and a women is lucky to have you. That also means you have to make something of yourself and take some personal responsibility. :) Being "alpha" doesn't mean you have to become a "jerk" and treat women like crap. It just means you really believe in yourself and see yourself as a prize.

I'm not trying to man bash here, but I just wonder how many guys here had a father that taught them anything about being a man. Toughen up fellas that's all I'm saying. Stop feeling sorry for yourselves. It's summer! Get out there :laugh:

P.S.S.S. Women are infact not as judgmental about looks. Try learning from them Gentlemen and thinking about how you in return can repay the favor.

This is so not true.

• Like 1

Yo...

I hate it when men (and women) try and prove a point by saying ugly men can get hot women and then post a picture of a woman with a guy who is like totally normal looking.

I must admit the woman in those Facebook photos is hot, but that guy is not bad looking.

And the biker dudes aren't bad looking either.

You do get points for meaning well :lmao: ... but I have a much better example...

Zach Roloff Gets A Girlfriend In New 'Little People Big World' Special - Starpulse.com

That girl isn't gorgeous but she's probably cuter than many gals who wouldn't even entertain the thought of even being with him in public, much less date him.

• Author
TheFinalWord
Yo...

I hate it when men (and women) try and prove a point by saying ugly men can get hot women and then post a picture of a woman with a guy who is like totally normal looking.

I must admit the woman in those Facebook photos is hot, but that guy is not bad looking.

And the biker dudes aren't bad looking either.

You do get points for meaning well :lmao: ... but I have a much better example...

Zach Roloff Gets A Girlfriend In New 'Little People Big World' Special - Starpulse.com

That girl isn't gorgeous but she's probably cuter than many gals who wouldn't even entertain the thought of even being with him in public, much less date him.

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. That guy in that pic looks soft, pale, and balding. Not exactly a model specimen IMHO. haha I'm not saying my examples are best, but I literally see it everyday. Average guys with hot wives!

Is that always going to be the case? No. Most women are picky about looks. But guess what, they can be taken by surprise if you have something great inside to offer and end up falling for you! I have dozens of friends in this situation.

So, let's say I'm wrong...

Does feeling sorry for oneself do absolutely ANY good to change your situation? No. All you can do is lose some weight if need be, groom, and maybe improve style. Not much can be done. But a lot can be done about one's personality. So, embrace that. It's better than just sitting around blaming women for being picky! Prove them wrong!

Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. That guy in that pic looks soft, pale, and balding. Not exactly a model specimen IMHO. haha I'm not saying my examples are best, but I literally see it everyday. Average guys with hot wives!

Is that always going to be the case? No. Most women are picky about looks. But guess what, they can be taken by surprise if you have something great inside to offer and end up falling for you! I have dozens of friends in this situation.

So, let's say I'm wrong...

Does feeling sorry for oneself do absolutely ANY good to change your situation? No. All you can do is lose some weight if need be, groom, and maybe improve style. Not much can be done. But a lot can be done about one's personality. So, embrace that. It's better than just sitting around blaming women for being picky! Prove them wrong!

Well. Your example is probably more of a how an average guy who already gets some girls can get a REALLY HOT GIRL if he's got some $ (have no doubt that guy is doing well) and some game.

I see that in public too.

But the majority of the whining is not about that. It's more about guys who can't get any girls at all. The dudes who whine about not being able to get hot girls are mostly one-off trolls.

Haha.

You're right though. The whining doesn't accomplish anything.

BTW ... looking at this woman's photos makes me realize just how average the women who have rejected me throughout my life have been.

But they were hot to me.

Oh well. :bunny:

I wonder what your friend would think about having his picture posted here. Particularly given the context.

Anyway, as it's your friend and not mine I'll happily comment. They look like a nice couple who are pretty well matched in terms of their basic looks. It wouldn't occur to me to think that she was physically out of his league. The only degree of mismatch I can see is that she looks groomed (hair, accessories, dress) for a semi-formal occasion whereas he's also well groomed, but dressed for an evening in the pub.

Edited by Taramere
  • Author
TheFinalWord
I wonder what your friend would think about having his picture posted here. Particularly given the context.

Anyway, as it's your friend and not mine I'll happily comment. They look like a nice couple who are pretty well matched in terms of their basic looks. It wouldn't occur to me to think that she was physically out of his league. The only degree of mismatch I can see is that she looks groomed (hair, accessories, dress) for a semi-formal occasion whereas he's also well groomed, but dressed for an evening in the pub.

It's not my friend, it's a random friend of a friend. I don't know these people at all.

If that's the way you see it:D I don't think the guy is anywhere near what I see men on here claiming women are demanding: model-attractive, ripped, etc. To me the woman is a 9 on the looks scale. No way he is above average! The point wasn't so much the pictures. It's the uselessness of complaining about looks and how it's unfair. I see average looking guys all the time with very attractive women. What I would consider "out of their league" strictly going by looks. But if people want to place limits and mentally defeat themselves than go for it. It's a free country!:lmao:

somedude81

Normal looking dude, seems to be above average height.

Any pictures of below average looking short guys, that are with decent looking girls who haven't friendzoned him. And he can't be a celebrity or rich.

I see average looking guys all the time with very attractive women. What I would consider "out of their league" strictly going by looks.

What you likely see is men with women who are carefully made up and have spent a lot of time on their hair. If you develop the ability to "see" what people look like without those props and illusions, you'll probably find that a lot of couples out there are more matched, physically, than you might have initially thought.

• Like 1

The point is so many men on here are whining about how girls only go for guys with great looks, ripped bodies, etc. When it is absolutely NOT true.

Hot women initially go for hot guys, i.e., Good looking and with ripped bodies. I think this is fairly obvious and natural. And the other way around for guys, of course.

At this point you can then say: "Well, compromise! If you are an average joe, try to aim for average Janes". Sure, i agree and in theory it seems sound. However, a good portion of the average joes won't be able to even get an average Jane. Why, you ask? We can discuss that later, if you want.

You can also argue using the below-mentioned Donald Trump example. Do you really think that analogy is good? The women he marries are there for his charming personality, fo' sure! The fact that he is filthy rich and can provide them with any material wish they want is secondary, right?

The point is that yes, you can find examples of less attractive men with more attractive women. But is this truly an argument? Shouldn't these be viewed as circumstancial exceptions? I don't think it is reasonable taking an example of a given dude and then say: "You can ALL have this".

It's just a sad excuse. But if men CHOOSE to live in this reality then that is the world they are going to create for themselves. No woman is going to want a weak minded man like that, hot or ugly!

There is also a lot of talk about alpha male this and beta male that. Looks have nothing to do with it! Look at Donald Trump! The guys takes command and from a physical perspective looks ridiculous.

There is no trick to being "alpha" or "beta" it comes down to sincerely believing you are a great man and a women is lucky to have you.

Herein lies my big issue with all this "self-esteem" conversations that are endlessly thrown around (here and everywhere else). And i voice this not only in regards to this particular subject but also to many other areas in life.

You say: "...sincerely believing you are a great man and a woman is lucky to have you...". A given man can have this belief, sure. You can even believe this in all sincerety. But my question is: Is it really true? Meaning, are you really a "great man"? Aren't most people average, by definition? This thence begs the question? Aren't (most) of these so-called confident men simply badly accessing their own true self-worth? I have a hard time seeing something as critical as a lack of ability to correctly self-evaluate as a good trait in a man. But apparently women like it. I can't help but remember the following phrase:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

My point here is that this so-called self-confidence that some guys seem to exude (typo?) most of the times stems from certainties that only exist due to a lack of ability to really go to the bottom of things. Personally, i tend to find shy and humble people more strong minded, rather than those pretty, beefed-up clones that are able to talk hours on end spouting platitudes thinking they are "da bomb".

Having said this, there is a phrase i usually use: In this "market" of men vs women, the demand determines the supply and in this sense the locus of change lies in the supply (men) to adapt to what the demand (women) states. Men who sucessfully adapt can be categorized in 3 groups: 1) Men who really are extraordinary (rarity); 2) Men who think they are extraordinary but are not; 3) Men who know they are not extraordinary but fake it sucessfully.

What do women truly prefer? You tell me. :p

Personally the best i can hope for is faking it.

Sorry for the rant, but these things provoke a somewhat emotional trigger on me, hence the rant.

• Like 1
I have a hard time seeing something as critical as a lack of ability to correctly self-evaluate as a good trait in a man. But apparently women like it.

I agree with this view quite a bit, but the whole "being average" area is tricky. If somebody is my friend, a trusted colleague, a relative etc then to me they are not going to be average...even if by application of a cold, clinical set of criteria they might be deemed average by detached parties. I think sometimes engaging with a lot of strangers on the internet can encourage that clinical approach...but that when it comes to the people close to us, there's something wrong if we truly regard them as "average".

Male or female, should we judge ourselves by the cold, detached, often very critical uninvolved world...or by those to whom we actually matter? I think the latter is a healthier place to be, so long as we don't completely lose the other perspective. It's when people start blurring the boundaries between the two perspectives that the problems set in. When ordinary Joe or Jenny grows up expecting an uncaring and uninvolved world to find them as adorable, talented and special as their doting parents find them.

there is a phrase i usually use: In this "market" of men vs women, the demand determines the supply and in this sense the locus of change lies in the supply (men) to adapt to what the demand (women) states. Men who sucessfully adapt can be categorized in 3 groups: 1) Men who really are extraordinary (rarity); 2) Men who think they are extraordinary but are not; 3) Men who know they are not extraordinary but fake it successfully. What do women truly prefer? You tell me. :p

1. Many generally ordinary people have one or two areas in which they excel, and this is a big part of what gives them their identity. Whether it's intellect, musical or artistic ability, good people skills, higher than average ability in a particular sport, exceptional knowledge of some field of study, outstanding physical beauty, the ability to stay calm in a crisis - or even just being extraordinarily sane in a frequently insane world.

RE-POST

I think this is important because I'm noticing a bad trend of bitterness on the forum lately!

Bitter, shmitter.

I manned up months ago, and I'm on strike. Nyah-nyah! :p

• Like 1
It's not my friend, it's a random friend of a friend. I don't know these people at all.

If that's the way you see it:D I don't think the guy is anywhere near what I see men on here claiming women are demanding: model-attractive, ripped, etc. To me the woman is a 9 on the looks scale. No way he is above average! The point wasn't so much the pictures. It's the uselessness of complaining about looks and how it's unfair. I see average looking guys all the time with very attractive women. What I would consider "out of their league" strictly going by looks. But if people want to place limits and mentally defeat themselves than go for it. It's a free country!:lmao:

In a word ... he is RICH or she is SPECIAL.

You do have a point. I agree she is very good looking, much better looking than many women who wouldn't give that guy the time of day or wouldn't be 'initially attracted to him'.

He'd probably have to work just as hard for one of her friends in those photos as he would have to for her ... maybe because she happens to be less shallow.

Mme. Chaucer

"Duck Commander" proves that people can become very wealthy by developing and marketing duck calls.

I love those guys.

Eternal Sunshine
In a word ... he is RICH or she is SPECIAL.

You do have a point. I agree she is very good looking, much better looking than many women who wouldn't give that guy the time of day or wouldn't be 'initially attracted to him'.

He'd probably have to work just as hard for one of her friends in those photos as he would have to for her ... maybe because she happens to be less shallow.

See, I don't think that woman is a 9 but everyone has different tastes. The guy is average and she is definitely better but definitely not super hot.

You also have no idea if she felt initial spark or if she even feels a spark now. Many women just want to get married and have kids and they take the first guy that comes along as they get older. I have a stunning friend (she is a true 9) that married a guy who is borderline obese and below average looking. She was 36 and wanted to be married desperately.

• Author
TheFinalWord
"Duck Commander" proves that people can become very wealthy by developing and marketing duck calls.

I love those guys.

LOL I agree. Funny show :D

My main point is that I see so many people defeating themselves in their minds. In this thread people are saying, "they have money". Great! That means it isn't all about looks! I personally don't think having money is going to make a marriage last long, but at least we are agreeing that looks aren't the end all be all and a average or below average guy can get a hot wife if he has something else to offer :p That "something else" is the part we can change. Shouldn't we focus on that?

That's all I'm trying to say. Getting into technicalities of debate techniques wasn't the real point ;) Anyway, it's Saturday and summer time. Let's get out there!

• Author
TheFinalWord
It's Friday.

Everyday is Saturday in my world :cool:

• Author
TheFinalWord
Your world is border line retarded.

Ignorance is bliss! :p

Lighten up bro. No wonder you're dateless!:D

See, I don't think that woman is a 9 but everyone has different tastes. The guy is average and she is definitely better but definitely not super hot.

You also have no idea if she felt initial spark or if she even feels a spark now. Many women just want to get married and have kids and they take the first guy that comes along as they get older. I have a stunning friend (she is a true 9) that married a guy who is borderline obese and below average looking. She was 36 and wanted to be married desperately.

She's 28 years old.

• Author
TheFinalWord
Is that your final word?

haha for you, yes ;) no go forth and get a date!