Recognizing bad dating habits

USCGAviator

USCGAviator

I'll go first since I made this thread.

Habit:

I tend to sleep with every woman I meet within 1-3 dates. I'm honest that I tell them I'm not looking for a "girlfriend". When I think about it, I AM looking for a girlfriend, just haven't found one I wanna keep yet. About to get worse....

I'm dishonest in a way that I always had 3 or 4 regular FWB's on speed dial. Pretty grimy I know.

Solution:

I have already shut down and stopped contact with my FWB's. As for future dates, I'm gonna stop being a man whore and focus on what I'm looking for in a woman.

I've been divorced for 2 years and always used that as a crutch and free pass to leave women that I already slept with and no longer interested in. Time to start being a real man now.

NEXT!!!

Mistake 1: I don't go after women I want; instead I'll accept any woman who wants me. That is pretty much the catalyst for what starts out as an acceptable dating situation until I realize that I'm not all that interested, decide to continue dating her anyway, and then grow miserable and wish I was single and going after women that I actually wanted.

Mistake 2: Repeating mistake 1.

Other than that, I'm pretty good at this whole dating nonsense... :rolleyes::laugh:

I've been divorced for 2 years and always used that as a crutch and free pass to leave women

That's why I avoid men who've been divorced less than two years. I hear stories like this from men over and over.

• Like 1
  • Author
USCGAviator
That's why I avoid men who've been divorced less than two years. I hear stories like this from men over and over.

Good thinkin

DuchessKaye

I only have 1 bad dating habit:

I always look on a guy's success level and financial situation.

Result:

I wasn't able to spread a wider net to find and get a good catch out of those not-so-successful guys but with a good heart and ready to settle down.

Bad dating habit: I stick around in the other person's life for too long if I feel we have a strong connection. Once I work out that we are incompatible (regardless how much we like each other) or if he gives an indication that he is thinking that way, I should trust that judgement and cut contact at least for a while.

Downside: The result is on/off relationships that ultimately don't work out long term no matter how much we get on on a good day.

Upside: The breakups are not as traumatic as I get to know the other person and understand his nuances. A cleaner cut would be more painful in the short term, perhaps traumatic. I don't have any lasting trust issues.

My bad habit is that if I meet a guy I like, I get way too excited way too fast! :love: I start over analyzing everything and then that creates unnecessary anxiety. Luckily, I can keep all of these emotions to myself!! :p

I need to learn to relax, go with the flow, and just see where things go..