LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Have been talking to a girl in facebook that I havent met in person. Next move?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th April 2012, 8:13 PM   #1
rov
Established Member

Have been talking to a girl in facebook that I havent met in person. Next move?

Hi, I have started to chat with a girl I added on facebook a while ago. I have never seen her in person. I added this girl about a year ago but I didnt wanted to chat with her because she had a boyfriend, but the other day I saw that the two of the broke up so I decided to give this a shot and I started to talk to her. Even she doesnt know me in person she is always polite and friendly with me when we chat, do I ask her out next time i chat with her or what move should I do?
rov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Established Member

Yeah, you should find a way to meet her. I don't know if asking out on a real date via fb is cool. I don't do fb sh*t. So I don't have any advice. But you could just ask to meet her without a formal date.
Oxy Moronovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 12:22 AM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rov View Post
Hi, I have started to chat with a girl I added on facebook a while ago. I have never seen her in person. I added this girl about a year ago but I didnt wanted to chat with her because she had a boyfriend, but the other day I saw that the two of the broke up so I decided to give this a shot and I started to talk to her. Even she doesnt know me in person she is always polite and friendly with me when we chat, do I ask her out next time i chat with her or what move should I do?
The relationship *just* ended and you're wanting to make a move so quickly? You don't know the circumstances, no details. For all you know they had a fight and she changed her status. It's immature but people do that and then next thing you know the status changes back to in a relationship.

Just keep it simple and be friendly, keep conversation light unless she wants to talk about personal stuff and her break up.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 2:53 AM   #4

How well do you know her?

Being polite on Facebook doesn't really mean anything. Unless you guys start chatting A LOT and you find out about her situation (without being nosey), I would leave it alone. Coming from experience, if a guy asks me out on Facebook, I'm always a little turned off because if I like him enough to WANT to go out with him, he will have my number and can call me to ask me out. It can be very creepy if a guy (or girl) approaches someone on Facebook and tries to create something out of nothing. Tread cautiously.

If you guys are good friends though or talk quite a bit then go for it. If there's not much communication, I would just leave it alone.
jesslm_x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 10:02 AM   #5
rov
Established Member

So you suggest to tell her to give me her cellphone number?
Old 25th April 2012, 12:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesslm_x0 View Post
How well do you know her?

Being polite on Facebook doesn't really mean anything. Unless you guys start chatting A LOT and you find out about her situation (without being nosey), I would leave it alone. Coming from experience, if a guy asks me out on Facebook, I'm always a little turned off because if I like him enough to WANT to go out with him, he will have my number and can call me to ask me out. It can be very creepy if a guy (or girl) approaches someone on Facebook and tries to create something out of nothing. Tread cautiously.

If you guys are good friends though or talk quite a bit then go for it. If there's not much communication, I would just leave it alone.
If she's someone you've only seen on Facebook I wouldn't do it. The odds are slim to none you will get a favorable response, that's if you get a response. If she is someone you're familiar with, and she will recognize you, then go for it. Just be clear why you chose Facebook to do this. Be honest. Don't try to make up some dumb excuse. If you can speak to her in person, then do it that way and avoid Facebook.
truth_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 12:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy Moronovich View Post
Yeah, you should find a way to meet her. I don't know if asking out on a real date via fb is cool. I don't do fb sh*t. So I don't have any advice. But you could just ask to meet her without a formal date.
I agree. Try to meet in person first. If you can't meet in person, then if you're out of options, try Facebook.
sid3 likes this.
Old 25th April 2012, 3:24 PM   #8
rov
Established Member

Well, she knows my cousin well, they went to the same school. The only way I can contact her is through facebook, so you suggest it would be a bad idea to ask her out through facebook?. what should i do?
Old 25th April 2012, 3:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Well, she knows my cousin well, they went to the same school. The only way I can contact her is through facebook, so you suggest it would be a bad idea to ask her out through facebook?. what should i do?
If Facebook is the only way to contact her, then I suggest this:

Hi Jane,
I'm Joe, Jim's cousin. I don't mean to impose here on Facebook, but I wanted to connect with you and introduce myself. Jim's told me great things about you, and I would love to meet you sometime, chat, if you're available.
Joe

Doesn't have to be what I wrote above, but something simple on that idea.
Old 25th April 2012, 4:53 PM   #10
Established Member

Ask her if she'd want to get together sometime, and if she says yes then ask for her number.
InJest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 11:01 PM   #11
rov
Established Member

So it would be better to ask her for her phone number and then call her and ask her out instead of doing it through facebook?
Old 26th April 2012, 11:09 PM   #12

Just give up already.
Bob_Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2012, 10:50 AM   #13
rov
Established Member

And well, yesterday I talked with her for about an hour and a half, she seemed interested in the things that I like to do, she is also very artistic like me. She is also very friendly with me. Maybe Ill ask her out next time we chat
Old 27th April 2012, 11:03 AM   #14

Quote:
And well, yesterday I talked with her for about an hour and a half, she seemed interested in the things that I like to do, she is also very artistic like me. She is also very friendly with me. Maybe Ill ask her out next time we chat
Wait. What?

You talk to this girl and you haven't asked her out already?
Old 27th April 2012, 1:05 PM   #15
rov
Established Member

No, this is the third time I have talked to her in facebook.