Describe Your Ideal Mate

this is my ideal, but I have dated a variety of different looking men i have found attractive

appearance; very pale, eyes don't matter so much but I always loved puppy dog brown eyes, dark or red hair. Over 6' tall, skinny yet not like prepubescent boy skinny. Dresses in skinny jeans and suits.

personality; awkwardly sweet, weird enough to keep up with my weirdness, likes movies and tv as much as me, will watch bad tv with me, talented/intelligent in some area I find respectable

BetheButterfly
this is my ideal, but I have dated a variety of different looking men i have found attractive

appearance; very pale, eyes don't matter so much but I always loved puppy dog brown eyes, dark or red hair. Over 6' tall, skinny yet not like prepubescent boy skinny. Dresses in skinny jeans and suits.

personality; awkwardly sweet, weird enough to keep up with my weirdness, likes movies and tv as much as me, will watch bad tv with me, talented/intelligent in some area I find respectable

My ideal mate:

Spiritually (to me,the most important)

Share the same beliefs as me, loves to study/research what he believes and why, actively practices his belief by helping those in need without wanting to get anything back

Mentally (2nd place in importance to me)

Smart, has common sense, able to see the big picture and details as well, able to be calm and make important decisions during emergencies, knows computers and cars and a whole lot of other information, has good intuition about people, is sarcastic but not in a hurtful way, is funny and a quick thinker on his feet

Emotionally

Caring, loving, not easily angered, not given to much frustration, can control negative emotions, can think rationally despite strong emotion, doesn't let his mouth blow expletives when he's upset, doesn't let his hands punch through walls when upset, has great self-control and discipline despite whatever he is feeling, has a soft heart who reaches to help others when he sees that they are in need, cares for the well-being and happiness of animals, children, and adults, even those he doesn't know, friendly, open and has eyes which brim with confidence, happiness, friendliness, and joy

Physically

Dark skin, longish black curly hair, brown eyes, muscular build, taller than me (I'm 5'4''), fast, strong, with rugged and handsome features (like Antonio Banderas in his younger days)

I just described my husband. :love: My husband is my ideal mate and I love him so much!!! :bunny:

Philosoraptor

Personality: Funny, witty, sarcastic, and kind. Very smart and open to learning new and usual things.

Looks: Cute girl next door look. Wears little to no makeup at all. Youthful appearance so we both look young when we're old.

• Like 1

A woman needs;

a man who is funny, and can make her laugh, keep her amused and lift her spirits when she's feeling down; a man whose smile just lights the room...

a man who's sexually attentive, considerate and can read exactly what she physically needs...

a man who's romantic, generous, impulsive, considerate and who can make her feel like a million dollars when she's wearing ten-cent clothes...

a man who knows how to be independent, handle the washing machine, vacuum cleaner and knows how to fix a car, take out the garbage and fix the shelving....

above all, a woman needs to make sure these 4 guys never meet....

• Like 2

Most folks don't have watching TV as a hobby.

Pink skin is nicer than pale; IMHO.

I do like tall women that are demure.

Negative Nancy
Youthful appearance

Of course. :rolleyes:

A woman needs;

a man who is funny, and can make her laugh, keep her amused and lift her spirits when she's feeling down; a man whose smile just lights the room...

a man who's sexually attentive, considerate and can read exactly what she physically needs...

a man who's romantic, generous, impulsive, considerate and who can make her feel like a million dollars when she's wearing ten-cent clothes...

a man who knows how to be independent, handle the washing machine, vacuum cleaner and knows how to fix a car, take out the garbage and fix the shelving....

above all, a woman needs to make sure these 4 guys never meet....

Hahahaha :lmao:

That is so old, even the old egyptians already told the story to their granddaughters :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Philosoraptor
Of course. :rolleyes:

I'd prefer someone who looks like they would age gracefully. Which is why I generally avoid women with any makeup on at all. Not only does it let the natural beauty show, but it helps us stay on time wherever we are going.

• Like 1
Negative Nancy
Looks: Slender, shorter than me (i.e. shorter than 6 feet), refined facial features, long hair

Personality: Happy personality, positive, optimistic, I like it if she's a chatterbox, and it's a plus if she's funny

Intelligence: For a long term relationship I tend to consider women with a university level education, however it's not an absolute requirement. It's just that I think someone's intelligence can keep you interested in a long term relationship. I wouldn't mind if she's more intelligent than I am.

Emotional level: I like it if a girl/woman builds an emotional connection with me. This is something that is critical in my opinion. I would have a difficult time feeling loved if a woman would stay emotionally distant from me.

Income: Not important to me. However it would be a plus if she's at least able to financially support herself.

To give an idea of for example celebrities that I think fit this description:

Emma Stone: Lynn Hirschberg's Screen Tests: Emma Stone - YouTube

Natalie Portman: Lynn Hirchberg's Screen Tests: Natalie Portman - YouTube

Mila Kunis: NYLON TV + MILA KUNIS - YouTube

Photo compilation: http://rod.gs/81l

Nexus, is that you :rolleyes:

And Lion says, "this is not the member you're looking for" and waves his hand.

On topic:

My ideal woman is out of my league so there isn't any point in thinking about it.

Nerdy, mostly in shape but with a paunch (I love guys with a little meat on em; "stocky" I believe is the word.) Has a decent job he enjoys. Thinks I'm the hottest woman he has ever met. The end.

-5'2" or so

-Prefer extremely cute to hot

-Large boobs

-Hip urban style of dress

-Knows where to go in the city for brunch, dinner and drinks.

-Knows that Joan Miro was a man.

-Can actually name the starting lineup for her favorite sports team (unless its football, then its excusable)

-Loves indie pop and jazz

-Can sing pretty well, and loves karaoke

-Can play an instrument and carry tunes well. Can read music and improvise.

-Volunteers at least some time at kitchens or shelters

-Reads books

-Can hold her liquor and likes to drink socially

-Can ski and/or snowboard

-Knows how to ride a motorcycle

-Is employed in a non-profit amnesty type field, but makes 50K+

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. That wasn't too picky, huh? :lmao:

ThaWholigan

Well........

We're talking ideal so she would be:

PHYSICALLY:

-Long hair (either curly or straight, preferably curly)

-Thick legs

-Round ass

-Dark, deep eyes

-Olive/dark skin

(Big breasts are a welcome bonus)

(Being that I'm tall, height is not an issue, she could be 5'0 or 5'11, I don't care)

NON-PHYSICAL

-Is artistic in some way

-Has a philosophical view on life

-Is slightly eccentric like me :D

-Has an open mind about life

-Likes football(soccer) :laugh:

-Has an extraordinarily high libido

-Reads a lot

-Wants children

-Wants to help me create a dynasty

:D There, that's an ideal.

Physically: 6'3" (yeah, I went there. :rolleyes:), lanky athletic build, dark features, cute face.

Personality/Lifestyle: great sense of humor, loyal, outgoing/social, not a homebody, professional job, wants a family someday.

Edited by LexiB
Ross MwcFan

Short, chubby, big boobs, genuine nice person, non judgemental, homebody, and someone who's personality I can really click with.

My perfect woman is open-minded and adventurous. She never sweats the small stuff, is loyal to her friends and family, and generous to everyone. She's a no-nonsense businesswoman who volunteers at the animal shelter on the weekends. She has a soft-spot for underdogs and oddballs, and she hates prejudice, injustice and rude behavior. She's my lover, my best-friend, my confidant, and my sounding board. She supports my dreams, but keeps my feet firmly planted on the ground. When I'm feeling down, she gives me a smile and a hug, and that's all I need to know that everything will be fine.

She has all that, plus boobies. Great big giant boobies.

(And actually, that stuff in the first paragraph is all just optional).

• Like 2
Physically: 6'3" (yeah, I went there. :rolleyes:), lanky athletic build, dark features, cute face.

Personality/Lifestyle: great sense of humor, loyal, outgoing/social, not a homebody, professional job, wants a family someday.

Ooh, and knows how to play an instrument. Preferably guitar or sax. Don't know how I left that one out given my track record with musicians...

Emotionally: Can't be too needy, possessive, or jealous. He has to let me have my me time. Yes there are times when I just want to be alone & this is a must!

Intelligence: Must have some degree of common sense & common knowledge. If he didn't go to or finish college that's fine.

Lifestyle: He can do as he wishes as long as he remains faithful. Can not be a smoker. A drink occasionally is fine, but no alcoholics. Must be active physically. I work out 5-6 days a week & would prefer that my ideal mate does the same & eats healthy.

Physical appearance: Green :love: or brown eyes. A nice smile. Dark brown hair. Height anywhere from 5'9" and up. Slim, doesn't have to be well built, a little weight doesn't bother me just as long as he's healthy.

There was a thread like this one not long ago, so I'm going to list different 'ideals' from what I wrote in that thread. (Guess they could be called secondary ideals).

-- brushes his teeth two or three times a day

-- wears white t-shirts

-- is very cuddly and hand-holding-oriented

-- doesn't drive a truck

-- isn't a mama's boy

-- likes pho

-- has a liberal arts background

-- likes watching movies

-- has a good vocabulary

-- likes to hang out at coffee shops/bookstores

-- contacts me a lot

-- has dark hair

ScreamingTrees

I'll bet a ****load of you, male and female, could just as easily fall in love with someone who doesn't meet half of your criteria or your preconceived "vision" of what you think you want. :bunny:

• Like 3
There was a thread like this one not long ago, so I'm going to list different 'ideals' from what I wrote in that thread. (Guess they could be called secondary ideals).

-- brushes his teeth two or three times a day

-- wears white t-shirts

-- is very cuddly and hand-holding-oriented

-- doesn't drive a truck

-- isn't a mama's boy

-- likes pho

-- has a liberal arts background

-- likes watching movies

-- has a good vocabulary

-- likes to hang out at coffee shops/bookstores

-- contacts me a lot

-- has dark hair

Likes pho? Are you Asian?

A great noodle shop just opened up next to my work. I'd had their beef ball soup last time and I'm going to try their pho next.

BTW, who wears white t-shirts?

Likes pho? Are you Asian?

A great noodle shop just opened up next to my work. I'd had their beef ball soup last time and I'm going to try their pho next.

BTW, who wears white t-shirts?

I'm Asian, yes. I feel like I announce it constantly; I'm surprised you weren't aware.

You don't think people wear white t-shirts? I'm wearing one right now. V-neck one. I wear them all the time. Mostly just to lounge around inside the house, though.

My perfect woman is open-minded and adventurous. She never sweats the small stuff, is loyal to her friends and family, and generous to everyone. She's a no-nonsense businesswoman who volunteers at the animal shelter on the weekends. She has a soft-spot for underdogs and oddballs, and she hates prejudice, injustice and rude behavior. She's my lover, my best-friend, my confidant, and my sounding board. She supports my dreams, but keeps my feet firmly planted on the ground. When I'm feeling down, she gives me a smile and a hug, and that's all I need to know that everything will be fine.

She has all that, plus boobies. Great big giant boobies.

(And actually, that stuff in the first paragraph is all just optional).

I didn't know you loved me, EH... :)