LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

He asked me to spend the night after two weeks of dating

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2012, 7:57 PM   #1
Established Member

He asked me to spend the night after two weeks of dating

Hi All,

I've been seeing this guy for about 2 1/2 weeks. All seems to be going well. The first time we had sex, he asked me to spend the night. I was surprised but obliged - I have nothing against that.

The same thing happened last night - we started making out, he asks me to spend the night, we go upstairs and take care of business then fall asleep.

The weird thing is that he hasn't contacted me at all today (the day after the second sleepover). Can any guy explain this situation to me? Don't most guys wait a while until asking a girl to spend the night with them? And if he likes me so much, why hasn't he talked to me today? I can't read this dude...

Thanks!
happiness0421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 8:03 PM   #2
Established Member

It doesn't necessarily mean anything special just because he's suggested that you spend the night, that just implies he wants to have sex with you and stay the night over so he can just fall asleep or you can fool around more than once.

If he hasn't contacted you the day after or he's not consistent in his actions and communication from what your describing it appears this guy is already trying to set you up as a booty call, It doesn't sound like he's looking for anything serious...something more FWB. That's what his actions indicate to me from a mans point of view.

You're probably just going with the flow on everything, which is how women end up in that situation easily. Have you even asked him what he's looking for and what he wants? Or are you just being the little puppy that comes when he calls without thinking anything of it or questioning anything?
Ninjainpajamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 8:50 PM   #3
Established Member

When I start dating someone, we always progress to sleepovers before we progress to sex. We usually start spending the night together after a few weeks of dating, and we usually start having sex after 3-6 months of dating. In my world, a sleepover doesn't automatically equal sex. The main reason for spending the night together is because we also plan to spend the next day together.

If I'm at his place, the guy will ask me to spend the night at first, but after awhile it's just assumed that I'll be sleeping over. If we're at my place, sometimes the guy will just plop into bed in his boxers (by that time, we're mostly naked anyway) and I'm like "OK, I guess he's sleeping over, lol."
Cypress25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 9:30 PM   #4

Stop sleeping with men so soon Ladies and you won't have these questions! Let a guy PROVE himself to you before you get yourself into these situations.

Arg.
Disenchantedly Yours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 9:40 PM   #5

I don't think it means anything whether they ask u to spend the night or not. Some guys expect you to spend the night if you have sex, others expect to take you home. Obviously the latter is FWB, but the former can still be too. If you want this FWB thing to turn into more, my advice would be to make an excuse next time as to why you can't stay over. Leave him wanting more, wishing you stayed the night.
lovelife7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 9:42 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness0421 View Post
Hi All,

I've been seeing this guy for about 2 1/2 weeks. All seems to be going well. The first time we had sex, he asked me to spend the night. I was surprised but obliged - I have nothing against that.

The same thing happened last night - we started making out, he asks me to spend the night, we go upstairs and take care of business then fall asleep.

The weird thing is that he hasn't contacted me at all today (the day after the second sleepover). Can any guy explain this situation to me? Don't most guys wait a while until asking a girl to spend the night with them? And if he likes me so much, why hasn't he talked to me today? I can't read this dude...

Thanks!
this was me. last summer. it did not end very well.
Old 1st April 2012, 10:30 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disenchantedly Yours View Post
Stop sleeping with men so soon Ladies and you won't have these questions! Let a guy PROVE himself to you before you get yourself into these situations.

Arg.
OP, watch out before you take the advice from some LS members. Their lovelife is...well...nonexistent.
Oxy Moronovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 10:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks!
Maybe he's just busy. I don't claim to know what goes on in a mans mind the day after the night before...lol...but give him a chance, you can't judge him based on this alone. If you like him, just give it time.....if he likes you too he'll call.

Pssssst! woman to woman? Don't call him...lol
Old 1st April 2012, 10:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy Moronovich View Post
OP, watch out before you take the advice from some LS members. Their lovelife is...well...nonexistent.
Yes, my lovelife is nonexistent right now. I am not the sex kitten hot girl most men want. And apprently I already got one foot in the grave. BUT I do know that women have so many problems with men and question where they stand because they sleep with them too soon.
Disenchantedly Yours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 11:08 PM   #10

My last girlfriend brought me back to her place, slept with me, and had me spend the night on our 3rd date. Too soon? NOT FOR ME! Apparently, not for her either. Our 4th date she spent night at my house. To each their own. Why hasn't he called the next day? Who knows, busy day?
fucpcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 5:40 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Hi All,

Which bit surprised you? That you had sex so soon? or that he asked you to sleep in his bed? I don't see anything unusual about either.

As for him not contacting you today... would it hurt you to contact him? Really?
oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 6:54 AM   #12
Established Member

When sex becomes so easy for a guy from a "date" he may contact you based on his need for sex.

Whether he contacts you the next day depends on the emotional connect and how well you go together

Unfortunately for you, sex so early can demote you to those late night texts or the booty call arrangements.

Just contact him, if he doesn't respond then he's not that into you.

There's a difference between dating and just ****ing
ThatDudeXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 6:59 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks!
I'm confused by this post. Is it unusual that you stay the night with someone you sleep with? It isn't for me, in fact I have never been in a situation where a guy expected me to leave afterwards.

why does he have to contact you every day? Why don't call him or text him if that's so important?

Sorry I'm not getting the reasons why you posted.
Emilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 7:10 AM   #14
Established Member

OP, did you discuss with him where it was going BEFORE you went upstairs?
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 8:10 AM   #15
Established Member

Hi there - Yes, we both knew where it was headed before we even went upstairs/he asked me to stay over. I guess I just find it odd that he hasn't contacted me since yesterday. Maybe he's just not that interested...yawn.
happiness0421 is offline   Reply With Quote