Women: where to find you OTHER than bars?

I don't do bars. Frankly, they bore me, and I don't drink much. So, where is the best places to bump into you women in a way that we could meet and maybe date?

- grocery store

- church

- evening classes

- volunteer work

- wine tastings (yeah, that's like a bar but way more classy, less "I'm soooo drunky"

- shows and events

but where is the BEST places?

FrustratedStandards

VERY good question.

Often times great women will go to cafes or small lounges and read a book. At malls (of course) because women love to shop!

Hmm...where else. ANYWHERE where there are puppies, there are women. Pet stores, animal shelters....

AIDsFan1488

I've been getting kicked out of all the bars in the area. I go there mostly to drink, talk to a woman here and there with 0 success, but I get bored and start doing ban-worthy things :laugh:

I've found that people who promote "day-game" are a bunch of snake oil salesmen. I can't tell you how many times I see a woman alone reading, and consider going up to talk to her, only in that very instance to her a guy 100 times better looking than me whose her boyfriend pop out of nowhere and sit down. It makes me thankful I didn't approach her and add another notch to her huge ego.

• Like 1
FrustratedStandards
I've been getting kicked out of all the bars in the area. I go there mostly to drink, talk to a woman here and there with 0 success, but I get bored and start doing ban-worthy things :laugh:

I've found that people who promote "day-game" are a bunch of snake oil salesmen. I can't tell you how many times I see a woman alone reading, and consider going up to talk to her, only in that very instance to her a guy 100 times better looking than me whose her boyfriend pop out of nowhere and sit down. It makes me thankful I didn't approach her and add another notch to her huge ego.

Don't let that one instance discourage you. Many women who go out alone are single. And it might not be her boyfriend, it might just be a guy friend who saw you were interested, and decided to be a douche.

Trust me, this happens more often than you think.

• Like 1

While I am guilty of being one of those committed girls who goes to coffee shops alone, I would have to say that cafes/coffee shops really are a good place to strike up a low-key conversation. But only if they're reading, don't even try it if they look focused on a computer or they have a highlighter out, because those chicks are there to work. I can't tell you how many times over the years someone would try to strike up a conversation while I was knee-deep in research and how much I did not appreciate it.

Other than that, I'd say social gatherings like exhibits, town events (like farmer's markets), etc. are all great places. It gives you something to talk about, plus you'll generally feel more at ease if you go with a friend and have a good time while also scoping out cuties.

VERY good question.

Often times great women will go to cafes or small lounges and read a book. At malls (of course) because women love to shop!

Hmm...where else. ANYWHERE where there are puppies, there are women. Pet stores, animal shelters....

Do those women reading books or shopping actually want random men to approach them.

BTW, dogs drool, cats rule :cool:

• Like 1
zoe_justmarried
I don't do bars. Frankly, they bore me, and I don't drink much. So, where is the best places to bump into you women in a way that we could meet and maybe date?

- grocery store

- church

- evening classes

- volunteer work

- wine tastings (yeah, that's like a bar but way more classy, less "I'm soooo drunky"

- shows and events

my husband met me at a lingerie store he was buying panties for his gf and i ws working at the store.

• Author

I went to video a live music duo at a local coffee house place reecently near a major campus, and was surprised to see many lone women sitting reading, or working on computers but the ONLY thing that ocurred to me was they were there to have a quiet coffee, and read or work on the computer.

Are you women here saying that is actually a safe place to strike up conversation?? I would think I was being rude. I've no problem talking or meeting people, but don't like to BOTHER people, ya know?

Interesting feedback here

AIDsFan1488
I went to video a live music duo at a local coffee house place reecently near a major campus, and was surprised to see many lone women sitting reading, or working on computers but the ONLY thing that ocurred to me was they were there to have a quiet coffee, and read or work on the computer.

Are you women here saying that is actually a safe place to strike up conversation?? I would think I was being rude. I've no problem talking or meeting people, but don't like to BOTHER people, ya know?

Interesting feedback here

Depends who you are.

Guy whose "hot": *throws book across room and starts thinking of places to go and *****

Guy who doesnt blow her away in his first 30 seconds with his looks: IM TRYING TO READ CANT I GET SOME PEACE AND QUIET

I don't really believe in the day-game stuff either, but the fact remains that if you are the right guy you won't be bothering her, and if you are the wrong guy you will. So really it still boils down to same concepts as the bar. At least in the bar women are generally prepared to be approached en masse.

• Like 2
Lostinlife4now

- grocery store

- church

- evening classes

- volunteer work

- shows and events

Oh right here on LS...(I am waving my hand feverishly in the air) Here I am........

I don't really believe in the day-game stuff either, but the fact remains that if you are the right guy you won't be bothering her, and if you are the wrong guy you will. So really it still boils down to same concepts as the bar. At least in the bar women are generally prepared to be approached en masse.

While it's easier to approach women in bars it's also very superficial IME. A lot of them just go there for attention.

I've been taking public transport for the past year (long story) and find it great for talking to women. They usually have time to talk and are often a captive audience. Shops and restaurants are also good places. I find it much easier to meet women in everyday situations than going to bars and they are generally more receptive.

• Like 3

Well... at the risk of contradicting myself on a prior thread, I'd say anywhere you'd have a chance to chat for more than the requisite 30 seconds...

also, the best places would be where there is a 'price for entry'... or that, by virtue of being there, it says something about who you are and what you value.

The opposite side of the security gate at an airport... on the way somewhere. A coffee shop, yes... but at a coffee shop near where you live would be best. I've never been annoyed at anyone striking up conversation with me while I was working at one of those places. One guy chatted me up just last week when he saw me working. He looked disappointed when I told him what I do though. Hey. He asked.

I could see the "she has a bigger degree than me" insecurity flash past his eyes. Sad... Oh well. I could have asked for his number or card if I were interested, but I wasn't. so it is just as well.

Fundraisers... that's a GREAT place. I know two people who met their spouses at one. There again... price of entry... says something about what you value.

Ok, and at the risk of getting flamed.

Work. Yep. I said it.... dipping your pen in the company ink well. ****ting where you eat. All that. In the past, I NEVER dated anyone I worked with... but I'm re-thinking that wisdom. I know MANY people now who met their spouses at work. They were very careful.... you betcha. But for all of the reasons I said above (price of entry), there are some good reasons to search for a SPOUSE where you work.

To me it where doesn't matter as long you're attractive. It's when that matters

and from my experiences/observations this seems to go for many women:

• Where not being an issue to find women but an issue of whether you're suitable for a hookup/dating (bar guys tend to be placed in hookup box).
  • When being the issue to finding women as many don't like their space/time on societally obligating them to be nice/appreciative when they're engaged in something or on an errand task. Especially as many have had more unpleasant encounters than pleasant.

So true! And often at coffee shops! Yeah, there's definitely a way higher couple-ratio at coffee shops than at bars.

I'll see a cute girl, and think I have a decent shot at striking up a little convo -then BAM in walks some jersey shore reject of a boyfriend. A quick kiss on the lips, and I think, Sh*T! Boy, did I just save myself some huge embarrassment!

I mean, what would I have done if the boyfriend walked in on me? Shake his hand? And then walk back to my seat? Awkwardly nod my head to them every now and then while I drink my coffee -like everything is cool? Or run out of the coffee shop immediately like I'm a shoplifter?

Yeah, my "day game" sucks worse than my night.

If only my ex was such a huge cheater and a liar...

Edited by Fitz
FrustratedStandards
Do those women reading books or shopping actually want random men to approach them.

BTW, dogs drool, cats rule :cool:

Yes. Otherwise they could just read at home. I think a single woman is always open to being approached. And if she's taken, no harm done, she wasn't available to begin with.

It's NOT one instance. It is VERY DANGEROUS to approach a woman sitting alone for a whole host of reasons.

Seriously? First men tell me that I need to be alone because men are more likely to approach, and now i'm being told that it's dangerous?!

Wtf?

Edited by FrustratedStandards
It's NOT one instance. It is VERY DANGEROUS to approach a woman sitting alone for a whole host of reasons.

Yeah, like she may really be a bomb or part of a stake-out or something! Dangerous? So silly.

• Like 1
FrustratedStandards
I once approached a cute lady sitting along at a table at a Starbucks, asking her about the book she was reading. A few minutes later a man about 6 - 4 and musclar came and threatened me if I said another word to his girlfriend. I got out of there and ran. This was my worst experience but not an isolated bad experience.

LOL

That's hilarious.

The guy who approached you is an idiot. And you are moreso for running away. I wouldn't want you either.

You should have told him you didn't know she was taken, and that you arne't intimidated by his size. Obviously he's trying to make up for smaller things. Aha

FrustratedStandards
That isn't funny at all. Guess what Frustrated Standards? I' not stupid. That guy was ready to fight and was 6-4 and MUSCULAR. You call me a bigger idiot than him from getting the hell out of there. I'm DONE with you "ladies".

I'm not saying you should have stood there and fought him. I'm saying you shouldn't just have run out.

You should have told him to f*ck off and stop being an assh*le, and THEN run out.

If you like the type of women who are fives at best and learned a second language because it isn't chinese, mexican food restaurants will always have those two sitting in the booth that like to eat, have a drink that's too strong for them, and live to get hit on by other five latinos that work there because they aren't secure enough to swim anywhere else.

If you like the type of women who are threes at best and wear dresses to compensate, go to a small town bar that's usually empty. Most likely there will be three who are throwing darts who wouldn't know how to flirt if it meant a free face reconstruction.

If you like the type of women with class and swagger, you'll probably have to think about going to golf courses and such.

That's all I got. Mostly, women around here go to bars to act like 13 year-olds

and get their daily doses of attention and free drinks.

zoe_justmarried
Anywhere. :cool::cool:

There is, and frankly never has been, a set place to meet women.

half the population is female so i agree, except for at male toilets :sick:

• Author

problem at LOVESHACK is not knowing who is female and who is male. I mean, we can kinda tell after a bit of reading. But we want to hear from the LADIES WHERE and WHEN it can work outside of the bar.

Dangerous? Heck yeah. A mouthful of mace does NOT go good with any combo of soup and sandwhich. It is just nasty. :)

I agree anywhere is good... and that has always been my success in the past, but I hear stuff like "The frozen foods area". Really? Why frozen foods? Why not the yogurt isle or candy isle? I got checked out and was checking someone out in the candy isle just yesterday.... we both did the "opposite end of isle check over... don't need anything in this isle... wait SHE/HE's cute.... we'll meet in the middle and get to smell each other if we both go down THIS isle....here they come.... YESSSSS!!!!!!"

ME: I see you like the dark Hershey's chocolate... they say once you go dark....

She: um... what??

Me: Sorry, I was trying to be ridiculously humorous. Say, can we head over to the frozen food section so we can be properly introduced?

She: what? um.... sure.... wait! Where are your biceps???

Me: At home in the closet. Is that really important right now? Boy, you do smell nice. Are you fertile?

She: WHAT?????

How am I doing so far? :D

Edited by wwwjd
  • Like 2

Women are in many places but what does it matter IF THEY DONT WANT TO BE TALKED TO BY STRANGERS?

So we guys can never meet them.

And like someone said, they dont' like to be talked at in Cafes.. They're always with computers etc.

They dont like to be talked at bus stops

They dont like to be talked at at supermarkets.

Frankly they don't like to be talked at at all by any guys. UNLESS the guy is a playboy. That's why they encourage men to be Playboys.

that's what girls like.

• Author

right. I wonder if girls think they HAVE TO go to bars when it is time to meet someone?

That is just not the case and the last person I want to meet is someone that has to be liqoured up to "lower her standards" enough to find someone, ANYONE, not a special someone like me, just SOMEONE to meet.

But, bars are it. If not a bar, with drink in hand, lowering inhibitions so they can admit what they really want, then where?

[KSSSHHHK!] "CLEAN UP IN ISLE 9, SOME GUY WAS DROOLING UNCONTROLABLY IN THE FROZEN FOODS FOR SOME REASON..."