Acting differently when drinking?

I met this guy over 2 months ago and I started liking him. However he's acting different when he has been drinking, he tells me that I'm really special to him, and that he really likes me. He doesn't try anything though.. I always tell him that I would appropriate it more if he would tell me this when he is sober, he says he will, but he never does. We still talk a lot when he is sober but he doesn't say all those stuff. I don't really want to ask him because I don't want him thinking 'I'm all over him', and he hasn't promised me anything. It's staring to really confuse and upset me right now. I don't know if I should just walk away, or swallow my pride and just talk to him about it?

The advice is the same to women as men in this respect. Forget what he says, it's all noise, and as you believe, partially alcohol fueled anyway.

Is he asking you out on dates, or at least trying to spend time with you that rises to more than a booty-call? Is he curious about your life, your friends and family? Has he described his life, friends and family to you? These are the factors that determine whether someone is interested in you IME. If he isn't doing those things, then in all likelihood he isn't that interested.

Also, there's nothing wrong with you asking to spend time with him, less talk, more action meaning get face to face and judge from that interaction.

Feelin Frisky

Have "the talk" with him. Alcohol use as medication is very unappealing. Perhaps he has some shyness but that's the wrong medicine. There are good ones if her really has anxiety in expressing his feelings while sober.

• Author

He is asking me on dates. He is really curious about my life, always asks lots of questions( favourite book, movie etc) as well as about my family and past, when I answer him he talks about himself. He told me he told his mother about me, introduced me to his friends, wants to get to know mine and is curious what they are thinking about me.

Get drunk with him to see if you feel the same chemistry. Better yet, eat some shrooms with him and have wild, crazy sex in the woods while you hallucinate and puke all over each other.

• Like 1